Poker Face @ Kingston 2018

Mez

Ok guys we haven't been to Kingston a lot this year as we have been doing the grey nomad (we're actually Seenagers, not quite seniors but past teenagers) travel thing, but we have occasionally gotten down there to mow lawns and tidy up then return home. On our last trip down early December we decided to go for a drive up to the granites via the bitumen and looks clean and flat and good to go as usual. We called in at the claypan on our way back and it still has shallow water all over it and ducks and swans on it but with some hot warm weather over the next 4 or 5 weeks it may dry back far enough to buggy on the western side but I cant promise anything. The year we were able to buggy and sail over the whole lake was after a few very dry years and we have just had a couple of wetter years here so what is good for the locals may not be as good for us buggiers every year, here's hoping it dry's up a bit to give us a bit of a dry run on one side.  We also called in on the Long Beach an is still a bit rough but always is at this time of year and levels out over Xmas. So all is sweet in Kingston ready for the Kiters from all over the country to invade the town in January and we look forward to seeing you all again.  Those that have been before will probably notice that some of the town beaches have had a rough time through winter and mother nature has shifted a lot of sand and washed away some of the coastline around Wyomi Beach other than that it's all normal.   In our travels in June we got over to Pt Lincoln and caught up with Grant's, Jase and Rob and what a beautiful spot they have over there, can recommend anyone contemplating a trip to just do it.  Sorry we only got to within 100 kms of the SA/WA border and turned around and came back, so sorry Chook and Mrs Chook next time we'll get over there to see your town. See you all soon in Kingston     :Thumbs-up-smaller:

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:43 AM, Chook said:

That's brilliant Trevor!!! :good:

It's looking good for most of the gang to be there again.

Cant wait.................:party:

See if you can the backwards buggy out on claypan :-)

I'll need photographic evidence

Deflated my time at kingston will only be a few days as a close friend has passed away hoping to hit the road thursday arvo arrive friday arvo and go on the 17th to be back home life is short people make sure you dont go to bed wishing you have done something just get out and cram as much as possible in our short lives 

Wow. I wish I could be there with my Waterfoil and other stuff. I never knew of this place, until you guys have been frothing about it here. But I do remember Robe back in my surfing days, and that place cops some amazing huge waves, and yeah the wind... poah... that entire coastline is like wind heaven.

18 hours ago, Grants said:

Deflated my time at kingston will only be a few days as a close friend has passed away hoping to hit the road thursday arvo arrive friday arvo and go on the 17th to be back home life is short people make sure you dont go to bed wishing you have done something just get out and cram as much as possible in our short lives 

@Grants - Sorry to hear the news of your friend. I hope that you find some comfort being around us all.