Another Zebra Kite Buggy...

.Joel

We've got another Kiter amongst us, my father :good: 

He's purchased his first buggy, a Zebra!  Just when you think you've seen it all someone comes up with a great new idea, the original owner modified the footpegs in a way I had never thought.  He used small mountain bike bar extensions/verticle grips attached to the straight footpeg then drilled a hole and mounted the heel strap.  For anyone else that has a Zebra and wondering, it's actually a really simple, non-destructive modification.

zebra_kite_buggy-001-boxed.thumb.jpg.2e4

zebra_kite_buggy-002-parts.thumb.jpg.582

zebra_kite_buggy-003-partial_assembly.th

zebra_kite_buggy-004-assembled.thumb.jpg

zebra_kite_buggy-005-drybag.thumb.jpg.ea

zebra_kite_buggy-006-footpegs.thumb.jpg.

• 8 months later...

So my father inspired by John Holgate's $30 backrest has decided to build one for Sandy Point, however he has started a little fancier ;) 
He's used these 25mm display rack clamps which he found online.  The tube in the pictures is just a test tube to show how they fit, i'm waiting for photos of the finished modification.  I followed John's method up above one year at Yeppoon and put a backrest on @roblukin's buggy back in 2013, from what I know I think it's still going sold on the back of his buggy.

IMAG0372.jpg

IMAG0373.jpg

PS: If anyone has a set of rims to sell shoot me a message in this thread http://www.extremekites.com.au/topic/16454-wanted-midi-wheels-rims/ :good:  

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...
On 2/8/2016 at 8:06 PM, .Joel said:

We've got another Kiter amongst us, my father :good: 

He's purchased his first buggy, a Zebra!  Just when you think you've seen it all someone comes up with a great new idea, the original owner modified the footpegs in a way I had never thought.  He used small mountain bike bar extensions/verticle grips attached to the straight footpeg then drilled a hole and mounted the heel strap.  For anyone else that has a Zebra and wondering, it's actually a really simple, non-destructive modification.

zebra_kite_buggy-001-boxed.thumb.jpg.2e4

zebra_kite_buggy-002-parts.thumb.jpg.582

zebra_kite_buggy-003-partial_assembly.th

zebra_kite_buggy-004-assembled.thumb.jpg

zebra_kite_buggy-005-drybag.thumb.jpg.ea

zebra_kite_buggy-006-footpegs.thumb.jpg.

Hey Joel! Just came across that old post browsing the net.. i sold you that buggy because we left the country in 2016. 😎 

Do you still have the buggy? I want to get back into buggying but it’s freaking hard to find a buggy these days, no kite shop selling them anymore..?! 🤷‍♂️🙄 

On 1/25/2024 at 5:07 PM, Alfa75 said:

Do you still have the buggy?

Still have it :) 

On 1/25/2024 at 5:07 PM, Alfa75 said:

I want to get back into buggying but it’s freaking hard to find a buggy these days, no kite shop selling them anymore..?! 🤷‍♂️🙄 

There's a few people dropping their buggies for puff-karts (Blokarts), put a wanted post up in the buy & sell, there's a lot of people subscribed to new notifications that may popup with one.