Yeppoon 2017

Mez

Was just watching some show on the ABC in the Whitsundays and I comment on how blue the water is, Doug says 'That's where Yeppoon is' so we're definitely going to make it next year. So I guess this comment can start the feed for 'Whoop Whoop Yeppoon 2017' 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to it once again people. :good:

I fly out of Esperance to Perth on the afternoon of Wednesday 29 March. It's overnight to Brisbane,  then the early flight up to Rockhampton Thursday morning arriving at 7.25am.

Be great to see @Goz, @Bernie@andy666, @Antand of course my fantastic hosts and good friends @basilandsibil again.

Also the appearance and entertainment supplied by @gannet and his wonderful kite bike.

It will be VERY different this year without @roblukin, as he is getting some maintenance done on his shoulder. Now there is something different....Rob Lukin and maintenance in the same sentence.

Seriously..........All the very best mate, hope the surgery goes well and I'm going to miss you big time fella.

I'm there for a month and have to fly home again on April 26th.

PS, there will be a spare bed in the unit I'm in if anyone is interested.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone again this year and having a drink or 3 or 4. Might have to put in for a couple of weeks this time so I can relax a bit, last year was a bit hectic for me.

Won't be the same without @roblukin there to have a laugh with. Hope the surgery goes well Rob and you heal up quickly.

Might have to go on the hunt for a loud shirt @gannet

Really looking forward to some time at my happy place with good mates for a bit, it really is the highlight of my year.

If anyone needs transfers from Rockhampton Airport to Yeppoon, or needs to courier anything up before Easter, shoot me a PM

Hoping my shoulders are up for a run or 2 (Doc wasn't kidding about the long healing time :( )

Would like to see if I can get some chase footage from the air if I can't buggy as much.Might be able to keep up with you that way Chook. ;)

@Chook I will let you be my kite bitch if you start to miss Rob to much :cray:

1 hour ago, Goz said:

@Chook I will let you be my kite bitch if you start to miss Rob to much :cray:

You could never be that fussy in your life Gozzy. Ha ha.:drinks:

It takes him half an hour to design a bloody pizza that even Dominoes have never heard off and he wants it delivered. :clapping:

Lukin, I Hope your shoulder overhaul gets you back on track really quickly mate.:good:

Rockhampton must be due for a spate of horrible weather as it always does, just before I get there.

On 2/6/2017 at 8:29 PM, Goz said:

Won't be the same without @roblukin there to have a laugh with. Hope the surgery goes well Rob and you heal up quickly.

Basically my shoulder is severely worn out. The surgeons words were "if it were a knee id replace it now, but shoulders can be tricky" so he is going to do an arthroscopy to clean it up first, he said it may give it a few more years but the next step would be a shoulder replacement. 

Dont you guys have too much fun up there without me...

10 hours ago, Chook said:

So when do you actually go under the knife Rob? You said towards the end of the month?

27th

10 hours ago, nigel said:

What @Chook hasn't offered to fix you up @roblukin with the angle grinder, tech screws, caulking gun, and some duct tape???

I bet he could :eek:

9 hours ago, Goz said:

Will make sure Chook throws some sand around the unit so Basil doesn't miss you to much Rob. :)

Don't forget to break a few things as well