Blow @ Kingston SE 2017

Mez

So the main claypan right now is unusable, maybe the top 20% can be used with Midis or larger wheels. There's water about 50m in from the causeway, however I'm guessing most of the water has blown to the far corner. This is an issue of the wind turns and blows it back. 

The small claypan... well John will be making good use of his kayak :) 

IMG_0157.PNG

IMG_0159.PNG

IMG_0161.PNG

Gave doug a tow to the small farm cafe up the road today...

IMG_0193.jpg

And at some point @igeighty was busy showing @Chook something....

IMG_0163.JPG

apperantly whatever it was he was displaying got the thumbs up...

IMG_0165.JPG

doug on his rev

IMG_0168.JPG

Well not much wind today, but enough to bring all the water on the main lake back over. Here I am standing where I was on Saturday.

IMG_0219.PNG

IMG_0220.PNG

And today a heap of weed has appeared on the beach with the overnight tides. It's only for the few weeks that we come this beach is weed free each year, so for the locals this weed is nothing abnormal. :) 

IMG_0221.PNG

Land yachts should have fun, take off there wheels and they can use the water on the clay pan.

On 13/01/2017 at 2:28 PM, .Joel said:

I'm sorry, I was under the impression you lived in South Australia yet weren't even coming to Kingston? :upyours: 

No i was in Melbourne, but back in South Australia now. was going to go to sydney but can't be stuffed till later in the month.

Will be spending time with the family this year in Adelaide over Australia day, so hope you all have fun and keep safe and enjoy yourselves, and give joel heaps :-))

We were out on the foreshore last night watching the lightning, then the rain came and whoah did it come!  Rained really heavy for about 2 hrs then consistently throughout the night.  This morning the wind is howling but unfortunately it's too south, so with the claypan out Chook has headed south on a reconnaissance mission to see what he can find.

John and I were talking this morning, he worked out from about 70 days at Kingston over the years he's only been unable to kite less than 5 of those. It shows how important the claypan is, as it makes everyday kiteable when it's dry.

We'll see where we end up today, time for breakfast @ Robe Bakery :upyours: