Summer 2017/18 Sandy Point Sessions

.Joel

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/11/2017 at 4:41 PM, .Joel said:

Summer 2017-18 Tides Waratah Bay.png

Subscribe/Follow this topic to keep up to date :good: 

@bakersdozen tides for Sat 10th / Sun 11th...... The Kingston Redemption... ?

On 21/01/2018 at 11:03 AM, bakersdozen said:

Top fun. Will have a quick edit ready soon. DrWind and I got new PB's and Nigel clocked up just on 150kms for the day.

PB's updated :good: 

Using @Chookonomics based on the day's windspeed, @nigel only had to roll down-wind at 10km/h for an hour :D 

Park have new managers - Kate and Rod.

@OBEwan & @jhn.holgate LOL did you read the comments from the Shallow Inlet Caravan Park Trip Advisor rating? Bloody hell, she sure doesn't want a good name does she? And she's got all the facts wrong - we not once accused her of stealing from our credit card. 

shallow.jpeg

7 hours ago, Mez said:

Park have new managers - Kate and Rod.

@OBEwan & @jhn.holgate LOL did you read the comments from the Shallow Inlet Caravan Park Trip Advisor rating? Bloody hell, she sure doesn't want a good name does she? And she's got all the facts wrong - we not once accused her of stealing from our credit card. 

shallow.jpeg

Wow - that's a great read @Mez. Great business minds there obviously!

lol, not sure why I am responding to this, but I have had a few after work beers and just have to.

The 2 man rowdy group was actually about 12 people who kicked on till after 2 am with doof doof and where still there the next day :) but never let truth get in the way of a good story k s. Also, the site vacated by Shane and John, (still paid for by them) was let out to someone else. So good job on the double dip.

We asked the bank for a charge back on two nights, as we stayed one night and was refused a refund on the 2nd and third night. we did this as the owners treated us like assholes.

As for the other 'facts' well lets say they have been edited for  television...

Thumbs up for Sandy Point caravan park. cheap rates, right across from the beach. and no bullshit from the owners.

Roll on 10th and 11th....

Awesome trip!  @rednblackmatuka, @bakersdozen & I camped at Waratah Bay for the night and slept under the stars all night with the swags open.  I'm sure Mark's swag was "vaping" at times :rofl:  Woke up to a beautiful morning and views of the water in the distance, we could see the wind come through as the white caps hit.  Toasted sandwiches on the BBQ then off to the beach to catch up with @Mez, @igeighty & @nigel.

Wind was onshore from the moment we stepped on the beach, kited for a while and then the wind felt like it stabilised a bit and picked up out towards the point.  My first day on the 7M R1 and managed to break 81km/h which I was happy with.  Nigel spent the day playing in the sand with his wheels :P 

Overall a great day!  

IMG_5178.jpg

IMG_5179.jpg

The Silver Fox just chilling....

IMG_5198.jpg

IMG_5211.jpg

IMG_5212.jpg

PS @Mez & @igeighty thank you for bringing my socks back! :blush2:

On 2/12/2018 at 5:32 PM, .Joel said:

Nigel spent the day playing in the sand with his wheels :P 

Yes the Michelin S83's were spitting sand every where!!:yahoo:

I might not have been the fastest buggy on the beach, but no one had rooster tails behind them the whole day!! 

While the 15 year old Libre might have been outclassed by the new shiny GT's it wasn't far behind.

My GT would have needed to be jammed in the little Fiesta, the Libre was already in bits from the last outing.:blush2:

131km covered for the day. :yes:

PS: I am glad my ARC has spars, no chance that Joel can do that with it!!!  (hang on, he is Greek!?!?!)

Velvet pure soap to wash your kite Doug, and some gloves required. :eek:

20180213_103648.jpg