13th Beach Feb 20/21st

jhn.holgate

Great session today with Doug, Mezz, Ian and John. Hernia repair held up, so I'm good as new or good as secondhand....

Had to dodge the usual uncontrolled dogs, hang glider and paragliders.

John had his new 4m Peak 2 out for a run. Doug had the GT steamroller running hard and Mezz had some real pace in the Blokart. Ian was happy with his Zebras and I had $100 worth of fun with my Century 6.7.

We finished off with a meal at the Barwon Heads pub. 

Michael

That would be one of the best 100 ever spent id say Michael. Its a beautiful kite. Glad to see your recovery is working too. i saw you sideways drifting :)

I learnt that when you try to run over an incoming wave on the GT it turns into a hovercraft :) Good to catch up with you Iain. glad your first buggy in a while was a good one.

Johns new 4m Peak 2 is a little ripper, i was flying 6.5 m method and just keeping up, when he pulled the bar in and pulled away.

Mezz you did great with your upwind, downwind turns, i don't know what yachtties call them, something fancy id assume. 

The run from the steps to the western end used to seem a whole lot further away. but as confidence is increasing, that run seems ever so smaller distance.

drove home with the car beeping empty, but our bellies full. great pub grub again.

See you guys next time.

10 hours ago, Chook said:

Nah that's perfect Doug!!!

Onya Mezz, Glad your havin' fun girl. That's why we do it.

Chook - I had a blast - drifting here and there - only bogged it once when I was following John, as he said as he turned his buggy around "gets a bit bumpy here" and softer! I managed to catch up to him though, cheekily over took him and Iain on the way back up. Was the best day in the yacht so far as in terms of fun! I managed both down wind and up wind turns and left my mark on the beach - did a few turns whilst waiting for the boys to do a kite change over. I guess thats why the yacht are good...the one sail will keep you going in several wind changes. Racked up 42.62 km over 2 hours with my fastest speed of the day at 38.3kph. The only bummer of the afternoon was that I got sand in my eye and that cost me half hour of sailing in a good wind! As always a good day out with Doug, John, Mick, Iain and Maggie. Am looking forwards to Pre-Labour Day. Not long now! 

Doug mentioned on the way home how Mick rescued a paraglider who was being pulled up over the dunes towards the road. What was the story there Mick?

Wish you were there Chook!

11 hours ago, mezzararty said:

I just took the data from my Garmin watch - I knew I was fast at one point at the far end, which made me look at my watch after settling back on three wheels. I actually reached I 62.8kph for a second or two!!!! PB for me!

Well done Mezz!  That's crankin along!

12 hours ago, mezzararty said:

Doug mentioned on the way home how Mick rescued a paraglider who was being pulled up over the dunes towards the road. What was the story there Mick?

As I stopped to do a kite change, the male paraglider was hovering over the female, who was at the point of being dragged up the slope of the dunes. She couldn't straighten up to turn and gather in the bridles as the canopy was trapped in the bushes, but still inflated. She was in trouble through the sheer size of the canopy.

I clambered up the dune and collapsed the centre of the canopy, which gave the woman space to turn and pull in her lines.

My good turn for the day.

Michael