Peter Lynn Aero

.Joel

We will offer them but not carry stock. The market for these high value foils is too small to risk being stuck with stock. Not even the North or F-One distributors carry stock.
The lightweight version we should be able to supply within about 7-10 days from order. PL is only making the UL versions to order so much longer for those.

19 hours ago, Olof Palmolja said:

Wonder why the rib's fabric is coated in the UL? Maybe it makes them stronger?

The Coated fabric is stiffer and a bit stronger than the uncoated, this helps keeping the wing in shape better, that said only the ribs that have bridle points are coated for strength, all "unsupported" ribs are uncoated to keep the overall weight down.

Only the 20m doesn't have this, the 20 is made competely out of uncoated 27 and 32gr Skytex to make it as light as possible.

Happy to give any more info if there's more questions, still need to make the website a bit clearer on all the differences between the 'normal', UL and the 20m 

• 2 weeks later...

i am not sure that it will change any ones game,

it is just another in the long list of closed cell foils that are all over the market.

sure it may be a nice kite. but there are so many choices out there for a racing closed cell foil.

all of which cost about the same as a second hand car.

it has been a very long time coming but a little to late

edit.

I want to add a bit, because when i read what i had written, i sound like bit of a dick.

i am the last guy that should be posting about depower. i just do not have the brain to fly them, so definitely shouldn't be putting poo on them :).. sorry about that. Any kite that flies is a winner.

the kite looks good, and the way it keeps its shape is pretty nice. How did you Euro guys adjust your skills from handles to a bar ? i had a bit of a hard time with that.

I will try @.Joel's when he sells his one.. <with lessons>

Edited by igeighty
sounded like knob

Your proably right that its not a game changer, we raced against the proto kites all last year and they were very quick. The now production kites are not exactly the same and in the very short blast we had at our last race weekend due to crap light winds the 14m Aero was no quicker than the Diablo's out there.

We wait to see if the PL team pilots will again be tweeking their kites between every race to stay ahead of the competition or if the production kites are a bit closer in performance to the rest of the race foils out there.

From all the racing we have done last year with these new kites we know the difference between the likes of the R1,Diablo,sonic and Aero are very minimal.

4 hours ago, CHRIS K854 said:

Your proably right that its not a game changer, we raced against the proto kites all last year and they were very quick. The now production kites are not exactly the same and in the very short blast we had at our last race weekend due to crap light winds the 14m Aero was no quicker than the Diablo's out there.

We wait to see if the PL team pilots will again be tweeking their kites between every race to stay ahead of the competition or if the production kites are a bit closer in performance to the rest of the race foils out there.

From all the racing we have done last year with these new kites we know the difference between the likes of the R1,Diablo,sonic and Aero are very minimal.

Wind was so crap even the 17m didnt perform. The leader was on a 16m vapor 2 followed by a 15m diablo. Its great to see new kites and constant development but performance difference is so so marginal now. I truely belive a good kite can make a faster kiter. But a great kiter can make almost any kite faster. When there is wind the pl team are always up front, but they are brilliant kiters....im sure they would be there no matter what kite they flew. 

• 1 month later...
On 30/03/2017 at 4:14 PM, igeighty said:

Despite @igeighty's clouds of doubt and @socommk233's best efforts to distract by gogo-dancing in an F-One bikini...... the dark clouds were lifted and the Aero brought light to many :D 

France

“First French Kite Buggy “Grand Prix” where the Aeros competed and impressed ! The kiters ran 2 rounds and Benjamin Fourtanier, brandnew team rider at Peter Lynn, won both of them with a wide gap on all the other pilots.

Benjamin Fourtanier;  “The onshore wind, quite light, allowed Ben to use the Aero UL 17.0 and win the race. This victory puts Benjamin on top of the current ranking of the French 2017  championship. “

http://www.peterlynn.com/aero-claims-podium/

aero_pilots.jpg aero.png

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 1:14 PM, igeighty said:

Yeh I must agree. As a huge Peter Lynn fan and Vapor pilot I was glued to their website.

I've now had secondhand R1's since December 2015, as I just got sick of trolling the forums waiting for them. The second hand market is still a long way off too.

Would still love to hook onto one for a ride though!!!!!:good:

Yep.

7 hours ago, Chook said:

Yeh I must agree. As a huge Peter Lynn fan and Vapor pilot I was glued to their website.

I've now had secondhand R1's since December 2015, as I just got sick of trolling the forums waiting for them. The second hand market is still a long way off too.

Would still love to hook onto one for a ride though!!!!!:good:

Way too slow. They should have been one of the first on the band wagon. I just don't think they are as dynamic as the other brands in terms of design and innovation any more. When PL was the owner it they where light years ahead of the pack. Now its more reactive copycatting.

• 2 months later...

Way too slow.. yeah, I have to agree. To a point though.

Just like "reactive copycatting", also agree but only up to a point.

Point is we're actually quite a small team and we have a lot of different kites to bring, so yes, learning how to make a depower took some time, perfecting the knowledge even more so. Here's the interview with Michel as found in the Kite&Friends  

I think/hope we'll see more and more positive results for the Aero in times to come once folks recognise the potential of the kite.

Anyhoo, came here to post the final weight of the 20m, 2.9kg

(making it the lightest big depow on the market)