Vaporised @ Labour Day 2017

.Joel

labour day 2017.jpg

Late Tides, Sunny Skies & Afternoon Winds, the planets are aligning for Labour Day 2017!
Jump on the Calendar and hit that "Going" button on the left and get Vaporised @ Labour Day 2017 with Extreme Kites!
Hit "Follow This" up on the top right of this page to keep updated with any changes.

Meet Information & RSVP: http://www.extremekites.com.au/calendar/event/31-vaporised-labour-day-2017/

Accommodation & Bookings
Pricing & Accommodation Information available on the Event Page.
Bookings via Joel@ExtremeKites.Com.Au

• 4 weeks later...

Waratah Bay, Sandy point and to a lesser extend, Shallow Inlet are some of Victoria's best buggy spots. At low tide you get roughly 50-100 meters of hard packed tidal sand.

The distance from Waratah Bay to the point is approximately 15 kilometres. and the point wasn't there 10,000 years ago. I read it on wiki so it must be true.

I hope anyone who has a buggy can come down for a few days and get some wind.

It is a really long drive for some, but it is worth it at least one session through the long weekend. Sometimes the wind doesn't turn it on and that's a bummer.

But when its on, its on.

hope to see old and new faces there ?

The lady with the pink shirt says its going to be good conditions..

Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 9.50.39 pm.jpg

2 hours ago, Darren Tibbey said:

Me and the fam are planning on coming down if we can find somewhere that wont charge us $70 a night for a  unpowered site.

That's the reason why we just get a house and bunk in with the others.

By the time you factor in any extra fuel (towing the camper) to get there and back, it's not much more to stay in the house. 

11 hours ago, Darren Tibbey said:

Wife said she not stay with 10 blokes she has never met.

I can understand her concern but she really doesn't have anything to worry about. She will most likely find that she doesn't see a lot of her housemates especially if you do some sight seeing or go to the Foster market on the Sunday ect.  It's not like she would be staying with a bunch of 20 year olds who have just been let off the leash and are there to party hard all weekend (which might be what she is imagining).  

30 minutes ago, Kathleen said:

I can understand her concern but she really doesn't have anything to worry about. She will most likely find that she doesn't see a lot of her housemates especially if you do some sight seeing or go to the Foster market on the Sunday ect.  It's not like she would be staying with a bunch of 20 year olds who have just been let off the leash and are there to party hard all weekend (which might be what she is imagining).  

Maybe next trip once we know everyone. Got into the sandy point caravan park. It will do for this time.?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, .Joel said:

Just a heads up as I received another email, there will be no camping available.
If you want to camp book in at the Sandy Point/Waratah Bay/Shallow Inlet caravan parks :good: 

XKHQ and XK2 are both now full :friends:
There will be a number of new faces there, both on the beach and in the air ;) 

Sandy point and Waratah are booked out. Not sure about shallow inlet.

On 01/02/2017 at 8:50 PM, Crackers said:

Hi Darren we pay less than $70 a night for a powered site for the main week over Christmas at the Waratah bay caravan park.

Waratah (where we've always gone) are charging $60 per site (for 2) (minimum 3 nights) for an unpowered site over this period. Shallow Inlet $30 per night (no minimum stay) Its sad as we love the Waratah Caravan Park. 

On 26/02/2017 at 9:54 AM, Mez said:

Waratah (where we've always gone) are charging $60 per site (for 2) (minimum 3 nights) for an unpowered site over this period. Shallow Inlet $30 per night (no minimum stay) Its sad as we love the Waratah Caravan Park. 

Could you get into Waratah? We tried they said booked out this was a month ago.

They had one site left the day we went up to Venus Bay - sadly not suitable for our trailer. We got in at Shallow Inlet though. Waratah fills up pretty quickly over the holidays and I always used to have to book a good 8 months in advance (if you want to pick your site) Non-holiday weekends are good, sometimes you can book up with a days advance but their costs are still silly even then. I do like the park though.

Gee I hope you do better than us at the moment, we are in the doldrums. Just getting a sail in on the weak arvo seabreeze just before dark. Labour Day here so not game enough to venture down onto our beaches as I would just get run-over by blowins cranking their 4by's.