• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I haven't been following this link very closely so if this question has been answered, apologies. What's Stockton beach like for kite landboarding? Are the junes useable on a landboarding also?

Hi Pari,

Stockton at low tide, the hard packed sand is about 1/5 the width of the hard packed sand at Yeppoon to give you a relative idea. There are parts between the beachfront dunes and the large dunes out the back however that is relatively hard and with some of the larger (9" I think) mountain board wheels you would do alright on with a bit of power.

Quite simply, it's the Dunes that make the experience amazing. What about grabbing yourself a sandboard, hook it on to a kite and off you go on the dunes?

What about grabbing yourself a sandboard, hook it on to a kite and off you go on the dunes?

Edit: "What about getting tanked, grabbing yourself a sandboard, hook it on to a kite and off you go on the dunes?"

:D

Sounds like something you'd do after a wedding, and an early flight into newcastle... :popcorm1:

Edit: "What about getting tanked, grabbing yourself a sandboard, hook it on to a kite and off you go on the dunes?"

:D

Sounds like something you'd do after a wedding, and an early flight into newcastle... :popcorm1:

:rofl: .... and if you have trouble hooking in there will be plenty of us there willing to volunteer to lend a hand.... :victory:

Thanks for the info. I'm not decided if I'll go make this one yet.

Zachary and I went to Stockton some years ago, we are both landboarders. The main attraction for the landboarders is definitely the beach. Yes there are some spots of hard sand in the dunes around one of the lagoons, but it is only a narrow strip and is typically taken up by buggies. I used the 8 inch wheels, they definitely need hard packed sand.

For Zachary and I there's nothing like those long cruisy runs you get on the long stretch of beach. Can be a bit of a worry at times, especially for my son Zachary (he was about 8 yrs old at the time) with all the car traffic on the beach. You do have to keep your eyes peeled. Can be a bit like extracts from a mad max movie at times.

Regards,

Norman.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andy,

Yep, I've already booked from Thursday to Tuesday.

Any word from HappyPants?

I guess it would be too early(read cold) in the season to get Rob Lukin on his southern migration

BobM :D

Well i was thinking of heading west this summer but how can i resist since so many people are going this year, so count me in :crazypilot:

Onya Rob ..it'll be great to see you again....good stuff.. :friends:

Bring jumpers eh?... and Jackets, Arctic rated... and thermals ...and ...we'll go and visit Joel's cabin... :D

wahoo..... heaps more coming...

+ Rob ( with jumper/s ) :agree:

+ Luke ( with jumps ) :cool:

+ Dave "have wheels will travel" Shepp.. :drinks:

+ Daniel.Rae ;)

+ Hamil and co :hatsoff:

+ Nocando and 11blowins .... whoops 1 blowin (poss)... got excited and pressed 1 twiiiiice... :D

+ gcdave's one eye...... croc musta got the rest?.... :cray:

+ A recent phonecall suggested one other Northerner is a good poss (fingers crossed) :party:

+ Wolfie said he won't be there but don't believe that till AFTER fist coffee, smoke and stroll on morning one.. ya neva know with this bloke.... :D ..:popcorm1:

+++++ lotsa others...

Shaping up to be bigger than Ben's Her ......... can't wait ... 'sgunnabe awesome.. :dance3::dance:

Andy...