Perth Buggers...

gum-nuts

For me it's an upgrade! :clapping:

Listed as $84 more expensive than the reactor2 4.4m at kitepower, and they cant get reactor 2 4.4m - and I like to buy from them as they have always provided exceptional service. :friends:

The reactor 2 may provide more raw power and speed, but the way I fly I like stability and predictability. My Core frustrates the hell out of me at times, especially in gusty conditions, powered-up then, under powered and bow-tying. Don't get me wrong I love it and when the winds clean it's a fantastic kite.

Where as my 5m Flow is just a dream, it may not have the speed (but I did do 57.7kph with it a couple of weeks ago), but the stability and predictability of this kite is amazing (I even managed to keep it in the air when I did an unintentional 360!) I love to fly it over-powered and I have never OBEed with this kite -yet!

...And this is where I am hoping the method is going to fit in, more performance, but still user friendly and stable and the 4m is going to give me a good crossover between the 5m Flow and 3m Core - I can see this being the kite I fly the most.

Why do I feel like I am justifying my purchase? I did a fair amount of research before deciding what kite to buy - especially after my mistake with buying the vapor and the Method was at the top of my list but I couldn't justify the extra $$'s - so for me it's an upgrade!

For me it's an upgrade! :clapping:

Listed as $84 more expensive than the reactor2 4.4m at kitepower, and they cant get reactor 2 4.4m - and I like to buy from them as they have always provided exceptional service. :friends:

The reactor 2 may provide more raw power and speed, but the way I fly I like stability and predictability. My Core frustrates the hell out of me at times, especially in gusty conditions, powered-up then, under powered and bow-tying. Don't get me wrong I love it and when the winds clean it's a fantastic kite.

Where as my 5m Flow is just a dream, it may not have the speed (but I did do 57.7kph with it a couple of weeks ago), but the stability and predictability of this kite is amazing (I even managed to keep it in the air when I did an unintentional 360!) I love to fly it over-powered and I have never OBEed with this kite -yet!

...And this is where I am hoping the method is going to fit in, more performance, but still user friendly and stable and the 4m is going to give me a good crossover between the 5m Flow and 3m Core - I can see this being the kite I fly the most.

Why do I feel like I am justifying my purchase? I did a fair amount of research before deciding what kite to buy - especially after my mistake with buying the vapor and the Method was at the top of my list but I couldn't justify the extra $$'s - so for me it's an upgrade!

or to summarise -

I'm a boring old fart who rates stability, predictability and fun over speed, power and getting my arse whooped! :derisive:

The Method sounds like a great kite, it is just that (going by everything I have read about them) the 4m Method will be useful in a different windrange than the Reactor 4.4m.

The 4.4 Reactor gets aggressive as soon as the wind picks up (or apparent wind kicks in). By all accounts the Method behaves really nicely at the top of its windrange, but it needs that higher wind to start performing. IIRC Jhn equated a 5m Method to a 3.5 Reactor II or Century II.

Was there today from 8 to 12. At the beginning it was good wind, was well powered with the 11m. Wind got less and less though. Put up the 15m after a while and was just enough wind to cruise around. Every now and then wind died totally..but in the end i had fun.

Glad you had a good session :good: I decided to sit today out - hung a couple of curtain tracks and new curtains (I know how to have fun!) after painting yesterday!

New kite was posted Friday, so will have it in time for next weekend :D

Sunday Morning is looking dismal :( lets hope it improves as the rest of the weekend I have stuff on!

I'm planning on an early session Sunday :crazypilot: - to beat the model areo club and also I am going to help my Dad lay some flooring. Hoping there will be enough wind to try the new kite in the buggy :goplay:

Hi Guys,

Just wondering about protective gear for buggying.

What is good to get and where to get it from?

Mainly looking for a helmet!

Rod

Hi Rod,

Some form of head protection is common sense. I use a full face motor bike helmet having stepped up from a push-bike helmet. Have a look at BMX-style helmets - these are strong and lightweight.

If you're on salt-flats, some full length denim might offer a bit more slide-time than raw skin.

BobM

Hi Guys,

Rod

Rod, a helmet is a defo.

I have a 661 Dirt lid, light weight, fairly cool and comfortable. I know Bones has the same helmet and also has some 661 leg and arm guards etc.

You going to be there on Sunday?

Hi Guys,

Rod

The 661 dirtlid is ok. It is about the minimum standard that is suitable. Jo has one too, so that makes three of us. We got them stupidly cheap from tbe on great eastern highway, less than $30.

I also recommend elbow/forearm and knee/shin guards for that surface. As soon as you get over powered you will be thankful for having them.

Briskites stocks some 661 gear, but they didn't have the size I wanted so I got the rest of my protective gear from chain reaction cycles. They are based in Ireland, but they are cheap and quick, and stock a lot of different stuff.

The 661 dirtlid is ok. It is about the minimum standard that is suitable. Jo has one too, so that makes three of us. We got them stupidly cheap from tbe on great eastern highway, less than $30.

I also recommend elbow/forearm and knee/shin guards for that surface. As soon as you get over powered you will be thankful for having them.

Briskites stocks some 661 gear, but they didn't have the size I wanted so I got the rest of my protective gear from chain reaction cycles. They are based in Ireland, but they are cheap and quick, and stock a lot of different stuff.

i agree with Bones. Got all my protective gear from Chain reaction cycles. They have good prices and a huge selection, shipping is fast too.