Mfwetu

It seems the old saying "Speed costs money. How fast do you want to spend?" is as relevant to kites as it was to cars and bikes. For those with the need for speed and the means to achieve it Ozone are happy to help with the release of the new Chrono V3. Too much for me on both fronts but I'm sure there are others on this forum that will be itching to get their hands on one. Details on

https://ozonekites.com/products/water-kites/chrono-v3/

On a side-note, the Blizzard has vanished from the Ozone website even though a number of retailer's sites show it as "coming soon" with prices listed. The kite was announced by Ozone in October and it's still not available. Have they run into problems with production, was the media release premature and they're still struggling with design issues, or is it just a stuffup with the web page? Maybe @Kitepower Australia can shed some light?

There's waves in Port Phillip Bay? :) I doubt there would be any issues with the kite in the bay.  I think more using it in surf and having it dumped and rolled.  As the kites are designed with lighter and lighter fabrics they're less tolerant to forces outside of what they're designed to handle in flight.  

It would be interesting to see some of the cell/chord/ratio data for the Chrono V1 and V2 compared to the V3.

We have a couple Blizzards here, it has to be re-named though because Ozone stupidly didn't check for Trademarks on this name from the Ski Manufacturer http://www.blizzard-ski.com/ who they actually know well and the GM uses Ozone kites in the snow haha

Oh well, people make mistakes... It will be called SUB ZERO, re-released on Feb 1st.

We have a couple rare Blizzards in store now ;)

On 1/15/2018 at 12:21 PM, Kitepower Australia said:

We have a couple Blizzards here, it has to be re-named though because Ozone stupidly didn't check for Trademarks on this name from the Ski Manufacturer http://www.blizzard-ski.com/ who they actually know well and the GM uses Ozone kites in the snow haha

Oh well, people make mistakes... It will be called SUB ZERO, re-released on Feb 1st.

We have a couple rare Blizzards in store now ;)

Thanks for filling us in on the "mysterious disapearance" of the Blizzard. I'm glad to hear it's still around. Do you have one of these collectors items on demo?

On 1/15/2018 at 8:36 AM, andy666 said:

Possibly it doesn’t drift well, so not suitable for wave riding. Or maybe they just don’t want to take sales away from one of their other kites. 

There is a fellow here in Christchurch using his Chrono in the surf, but mind you the surf was small when ever I saw him flying it.