Ozone Explore Kite

Mfwetu

New single skin kite from Ozone for 2019 called the "Explore". It will be available in 4, 6, 9 & 12m and looks to be aimed as direct competition to the FS Peak.

Manufacturer's blurb:

"The new Explore by Ozone has something to offer for everyone. Consistent pull through the wind window, instant de-power, minimal upward lift, relatively slow flying speed, and damage-resistant single surface design make the Explore an amazing kite for entry level and intermediate riders. Advanced riders can push the boundaries - tight and dynamic or slow lazy loops can navigate difficult terrain while excellent drift allows riding down slopes without worring about the kite. For experts the lightweight design means it can fly in very light wind, allowing you to work the low end efficiently without having to worry about keeping the kite in the sky. The proven Re-Ride System means you can land the kite quickly and safely."

I was thinking of getting the 12m Shaman 2 as a low wind engine but it looks like I'm going to have to wait a bit now.

https://ozonekites.com/products/land-snow-kites/explore-v1/

https://vimeo.com/293139314

explore.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a 6 and 9 . Love the 6 but 9 doesn't suit as they are for sand dune only buggying and want a faster turn speed. Dunes are tight here. I'm going to trade 9 back for a 4 mtr. As far as power, awesome. Low end grunt is good. Good wind range and depower. Been using modded PL singles for a couple of years but now want depower.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea it's a good spot but There's a group of people here that hate dirt bikes and dune buggies and have fenced the main dune .I've been going in still and can't see the harm I'm doing , no spinning wheels , no noise , no damage.  Try telling them to look at what the wind can do in an hour. They drive around in there beach patrol Suzuki Jeep. Think they are after me.  Now I head way up beach and they still watching. Do you have issues in oz like this

13 minutes ago, winddrifter said:

Yea it's a good spot but There's a group of people here that hate dirt bikes and dune buggies and have fenced the main dune .I've been going in still and can't see the harm I'm doing , no spinning wheels , no noise , no damage.  Try telling them to look at what the wind can do in an hour. They drive around in there beach patrol Suzuki Jeep. Think they are after me.  Now I head way up beach and they still watching. Do you have issues in oz like this

Ya just ask the kiters at Stockton Beach, NSW, Australia. On long weekends the beach is a like a scene from a Max Scene due to cars being allowed on the beach. Then the rangers tell the kiters to go away from the beach and or the dunes. Go figure.

• .Joel featured this topic
On 12/26/2018 at 3:56 AM, SoutherlyBuster said:

Ya just ask the kiters at Stockton Beach, NSW, Australia. On long weekends the beach is a like a scene from a Max Scene due to cars being allowed on the beach. Then the rangers tell the kiters to go away from the beach and or the dunes. Go figure.

I just don't get that mentality eh ... "Look a pristine stretch of nature unsullied by civilization ... let's drive our cars up and down it because the roads just aren't enough."

• 2 weeks later...
  • .Joel unfeatured this topic
  • 1 year later...

On 12/3/2018 at 6:34 PM, winddrifter said:

I've got a 6 and 9 . Love the 6 but 9 doesn't suit as they are for sand dune only buggying and want a faster turn speed. Dunes are tight here. I'm going to trade 9 back for a 4 mtr. As far as power, awesome. Low end grunt is good. Good wind range and depower. Been using modded PL singles for a couple of years but now want depower.

Hi Winddrifter, still happy with them?  A mate has put them on his shortlist as his son's first depower for landboarding after he blew up the cells in their trainer kite :D 

ozone_explore_v1_kite_001.jpg

ozone_explore_v1_kite_002.jpg

ozone_explore_v1_kite_003.jpg

ozone_explore_v1_kite_004.jpg

ozone_explore_v1_kite_005.jpg

ozone_explore_v1_kite_006.jpg

ozone_explore_v1_kite_007.jpg

• .Joel changed the title to Ozone Explore Kite