Pansh A15 Prototype

.Joel

1 hour ago, jaysmith said:

Doesn't the A15 come with a fifth line connection as part of its bridle?

Correct it does, however when the kite arrives back I need to replace the 5th line as the Core safety line doesn't flag out far enough to kill all power.  According to Andy there's something a few meters up the line that jams in the loop, so i'll pull the whole 5th out and put another one I have here on the kite.

Without starting a debate, I think the blow-out valves are a great idea. I've accidentally pulled the wrong end of the bar and made my old Speed 3 crash and burst a couple of times. I learnt to control the kite a lot more now believe me. But it can happen, and a system to let air out instantly is only a good thing. What's an extra 20grams?! Meh.

37 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Without starting a debate, I think the blow-out valves are a great idea. I've accidentally pulled the wrong end of the bar and made my old Speed 3 crash and burst a couple of times. I learnt to control the kite a lot more now believe me. But it can happen, and a system to let air out instantly is only a good thing. What's an extra 20grams?! Meh.

Don't the speed 3 have blow-out valves like the speed 4 (made from Velcro)?

I don't think I've ever owned a foil depower kite without it...

//M

23 minutes ago, andy666 said:

The speed 3 (and speed 4 I'm pretty sure) don't have blow out valves. They have Velcro dirt outs on the wing tips and deflate valves on the trailing edge. The older flysurfer kites had blowout valves on the bottom skin (not sure if they were magnetic or stiff plastic)

image.jpeg.db73b24e1b3ea8c2524fb9480d36d

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9DRMzlEFZPo

Ah I see - I just thought they was the ones you were talking about :-)

I've never seen those before in any of my foils :-)

//M

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm excited to see how it performs, just hope i made the right choice of size. Going to be mainly on the mountain board and the 12m Speed 3 did the job great, so that's what i based my decision on. Doubt it'll see much water use.

I don't quite understand their 'members' custom color though. I didn't see anywhere to choose your own color scheme unless they mean it's just different from the prototype colors. Does anyone know?

On ‎25‎.‎01‎.‎2016 at 4:19 AM, Pari said:

Yeah, I'm excited to see how it performs, just hope i made the right choice of size. Going to be mainly on the mountain board and the 12m Speed 3 did the job great, so that's what i based my decision on. Doubt it'll see much water use.

I don't quite understand their 'members' custom color though. I didn't see anywhere to choose your own color scheme unless they mean it's just different from the prototype colors. Does anyone know?

Hi Pari,

Choosed the ME Edition custom Colors, also: An A15 in 18m.

The pattern is at it is, the colors you an choose. The setup is described  in the product part of A15, scroll down, down, down and you find the information you need.

I like this design option very much, but keep into account, that the leed time will extend about 20 days production time, I noticed.

One thing I feel a little strange about - after submitting the order (13.1.) I got no (means no nothing at all) information or reply about order acknowledgement, information or else, my very friendly Questions were not answered till now and so on. I dont know why that is, but I would be interested to get information of your order processing (I will also give information if I get some).

That's sad, because I would like to order a 9m in my "family colors", too.

I think, their promo will make some busy days for pansh and so they get just a little lag in communication, I hope.    

Color_schemes.png

PANSH are renowned for being poor communicators. It's not that their dodgy, it's just that they probably get a tonne of questions from people wanting to know what their kites are like, how they perform, etc, and have so many back orders to fill and kites to make. Plus their English is not 100%. But I found Rose is good. She responds most of the time. Just don't ask them to offer you review space, like I did wanting to give them feedback on the Aurora and my bridle suggestions. They don't care about what we think of their kites. They only care about selling them! 

Hi,

Thanks Fernando - The communication is poor, indeed.

But, as long as I know that the kite arrives at all, its ok.

AND NOW: I GOT A REACTION!

When you log in everything is on '0' as ever, of course:

Pansh_Login.png.03567f615180ad7e2bd06081

But, when you click on 'My Order', a new pushbutton is there:

Pansh_Shipped.png.b62267e2e7c9cb87191a04

:clapping:

Great folks! -> Happy -> jipeeah !

Additional information - Lets push it!

You will find the following message:

pansh_AreYouSure.png.fe897d4d0261197fbbd

:Oh-shit:

Incredible, isn't it? (I was not able to push OK, maybe I would cancel the order?)

This is a funny company...

... four hours later ....

Preliminary conclusion:

Now (in the evening local time Germany) I found by typing under 'MyOrder' (klick on the Order Number) the detailed Information.

I see a tracking number and - going on the logistics companies Website - I even find a package!

So everythings fine now! 

On 25 January 2016 at 2:19 PM, Pari said:

Yeah, I'm excited to see how it performs,

If you like your Speed3 you'll find some similarities.  I had probably one of my most enjoyable days kiting with the A15 at Kingston, it's a solid kite.  Upwind performance is really good, down wind is excellent, across the window it's just such a stable and reliable kite.  It isn't however a fast turning kite (not the 15 anyway), the Speed is certainly quicker turning and has more depower available on the bar throw.  Choice between a used Speed3 vs the A15.... hard choice.

That's really good to hear. The thing with going up and down the beach is I only really need to turn at each end, ha ha. So the slower turning might not be a deal breaker. The depower is important for me, but I have a good feeling about getting this kite now. It'll be great to have a big foil again, I missed the Speed 3 I borrowed and just haven't wanted to do so much land boarding since it went back.

Thanks Joel

When you say it turns slower then a speed, are you comparing it to a 15m speed or your old 12m? I've got a 15m speed and it turns significantly slower then the 12m, so the a15 may not be too far behind (size for size). Also, when I was rigging that core bar, I noticed it is slightly shorter then the infinity bar, which will also effect the turning.

im still excited to test the a15 in the buggy at Easter.

22 hours ago, .Joel said:

Upwind performance is really good, down wind is excellent, across the window it's just such a stable and reliable kite.  

And the walk of shame up wind when you fell short of home base mate?????  The 6.5m2 Vapor got me home easily. ;) 

The A15ME are still on 1/2 price special for US$389.50. Get in quick guys.  

1 hour ago, Chook said:

And the walk of shame up wind when you fell short of home base mate?????  The 6.5m2 Vapor got me home easily. ;) 

I'm not sure what hallucinogens you were enjoying on the day however there was no walk of shame, I landed right beside the car.  If the bar attached to it wasn't so limiting you wouldn't of gotten as far away considering I was hamstrung due to the Core bar.

20 minutes ago, Chook said:

After 5 tacks across the beach you never made it. Bundled it up and walked back the last 50 mtrs.

Please, lay off the acid. After tacking I finished right next to my car, and if it wasn't for that fucked up bar there wouldn't of needed to be any tacking up the beach.  In the buggy, kitebar in hand, finished right next to the car.  I've got the whole trip back up the beach on video :upyours: 

56ab5a0c80728_ScreenShot2016-01-29at11.2

50m..... riiighhhttt.....  

56ab5c124bb01_ScreenShot2016-01-29at11.3

Rumor has it you've bought a blokart....