Ainsdale 2010

SandMonster

It's a neap tide Si (not much difference between high and low water) and they'll be plenty of beach at low water.

I know people tend to landboard just by the car park but sometimes there's a bonny hard packed stretch along the edge of one of the lagoons, people miss it because it dips down and it's difficult to see. Before I went the water way, landboarding on my lonesome along that virginal stretch of hard packed sand was just fantastic.

As you say it's a bit Southerly tomorrow so you're gonna be tacking across the beach loads, but the wind strength looks perfecto for trying out a 13m Venom ;)

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well just got back been on the 13 venom all day perfecto wind was blowing right diresction no prob going up and down the beach even tried the old yarga 13.5 what a float machine i am selling me and ( paul the nutter ) good to see berrykiter and his son on my old guerilla loving it also carl the bullet doing a bit of movie making looks like you missed out again jizz

Cool day people - not loads of wind but enough, a couple of lemonades, loads of sunshine and a good natter.

Nice to see Gary and John down (10/10 for effort on them rotations John).

Prize for biggest smile on his gob goes to Si :)

Nowt wind wise till late in the week - at least we made the best of it today :)

out last night on my 10.0 venom what a sesh wind wasnt perfect direction for length but not too far off got some nice jumps over the streams of water on the second lagoon bank got a 360 over it aswell but not on camera typical bad camerman i think anyhow another night sesh tonight me thinks

Perfect afternoon, well powered 11m session - really enjoyed it :D

Funny how sometimes it all hangs together, you push hard, jump high, you land most tricks and you have a ball. Had an end strut collapse and my depower pvc tubing practically wear through but was I gonna come in the pits for repairs?....no way, way too much fun out there.

Think it was probably just being the perfect onshore mid 20s day for an 11m that made the difference. But I'm well and truly buzzed :)

Oops!

Did that last year on my 13, hit the water hard on a fluffed rotation.

At least your excuse could be it was blowin' a tornado John, mine was just not redirecting fast enough and blundering the kite into the deck.

It was a long couple of weeks wait to get the dude back.

At least your excuse could be it was blowin' a tornado John, mine was just not redirecting fast enough and blundering the kite into the deck.

It was a long couple of weeks wait to get the dude back.

It could be a good excuse, but I also fluffed a rotation or jump - can't remember exactly what I was trying TBH but probably front roll or back roll transition. Also in about a foot of water, so the kite pretty much hit the beach with just an inch or 2 of water underneath. Will I learn? Probably not.

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, and realtively new to kiting - I've got a 4m Flexi Blade which I (just) fly with a mountain board. I'm based in Manchester, and have mostly been flying in Heaton Park, but definately want to get to the coast for better wind and sand.

What's Ainsdale like? What's the best wind conditions? I know about needing insurance and permit, so will sort that, but is there anythign else I need to know? When's best to go?

Cheers

JP

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, and realtively new to kiting - I've got a 4m Flexi Blade which I (just) fly with a mountain board. I'm based in Manchester, and have mostly been flying in Heaton Park, but definately want to get to the coast for better wind and sand.

What's Ainsdale like? What's the best wind conditions? I know about needing insurance and permit, so will sort that, but is there anythign else I need to know? When's best to go?

Cheers

JP

With a Mountain board - mid-low tide, so the sand dries out and wind with a W in it is best (onshore). Bet you'll soon ditch that and get in the water tho ;)

Hi guys,

Cheers

JP

Ainsdale is a great place for the sport, the ideal condition for land kiting is low tide and a NW wind which is bang on shore. There is still space available during some mid-high tides but it depends on how high it gets. Not sure what's best for being on the water but sure many on here can tell you. I guess there are more people down at weekends but in a good wind there will usually be someone down there. Everyone is pretty friendly so don't be afraid to ask stuff and get advice. You'll get to try other gear too which is always good. Have fun.

The result of Wednesday nights session. Kinetic will have that sewn up in no time, but without kites I can see the wind teasing me from here.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs255.snc4/40089_428145087664_664742664_5151520_7231928_n.jpg

Blimey. Thought I'd done that to mine today but luckily it was just the stopper popped out. Still a biatch to walk back and pump the fecker back up though. That's the problem with trying freestyle stuff. Spent the next hour mowing the lawn after that ! :(

Ainsdale is a great place for the sport, the ideal condition for land kiting is low tide and a NW wind which is bang on shore. There is still space available during some mid-high tides but it depends on how high it gets. Not sure what's best for being on the water but sure many on here can tell you. I guess there are more people down at weekends but in a good wind there will usually be someone down there. Everyone is pretty friendly so don't be afraid to ask stuff and get advice. You'll get to try other gear too which is always good. Have fun.

With a Mountain board - mid-low tide, so the sand dries out and wind with a W in it is best (onshore). Bet you'll soon ditch that and get in the water tho ;)

Thanks for the quick replies - once the tides move roudn and wind picks back up, I'll be down after work!

Cheers

JP

• 2 weeks later...

Holiday refreshed and looking forward to a weekend full of kites and wind.

Forecast looks good, a decent blow, sunny bits and a HT just after lunch.

Turn up around 12 and there's no walking, just jump out the motor and step in the water :)

.....and Tesco are leading the fight against binge drinking...24 cans for £10...shouldn't be allowed ;)