Perth Buggers...

gum-nuts

Here is a picture of Alfa75 from today

[attachment=0]20120930_093629.jpg[/attachment]

Glad there was enough wind! May make it tomorrow morning unless I get a better offer from my wife ;)

Edit: looks like its a go, going to put the kites and the buggy in the car now. Looks like a northerly, will be there earlyish :crazypilot:

Glad there was enough wind!

Not really. That is a big kite that Alex is flying. There was briefly enough wind for me to move, but it dropped off to almost nothing.

Then I tried to put up the 8.6m Reactor II you see in that last photo, but it was hard enough to keep it in the air. I didn't have the skill to use it in the buggy. Managed a couple of runs, but couldn't turn it around quick enough, or even get it up high enough to keep it moving sometimes.

May make it tomorrow morning unless I get a better offer from my wife ;)

Edit: looks like its a go, going to put the kites and the buggy in the car now. Looks like a northerly, will be there earlyish :crazypilot:

I am planning to come on my own. The car is still packed. I am a bit tired from trying to bully that Reactor around, but will try to be there earlish (disclaimer: my earlish may be different from yours).

It was an interesting session today. Unfortunately I somehow set my GoPro to take photos, so I don't have any video. :wall:

post-8816-14336632212653_thumb.jpg

That is a photo of my 4.4m Reactor II just before it tried to pull me sideways out of my buggy at 50km/h. It would have succeeded if I hadn't contacted the ground with my hands first (and lost plenty of skin in the process). I also managed to wrap the power lines around the axle during this, but they seem to be OK. :blackeye:

I did manage to go faster than I have before, 54.3 km/h :dance3:

post-8816-14336632215966_thumb.jpg

The wind was not there when we arrived, but soon after putting up kites it picked up. The 4.4 was a bit over powered for the PL bug, so after the incident described above I had a break, then put up the 3m Flow. The wind was a bit nasty, and I ended up getting lifted out of the buggy at 45 km/h by the Flow. Fortunately the elbow and knee pads took the entirety of the ground contact this time. :drinks:

Since I had left the smaller kites in the car I decided to pack up soon after that. Good thing I did, because the wind kept getting stronger as I walked back to the car. :yes3:

I did manage to go faster than I have before, 54.3 km/h :dance3:

Nice one on the new PB, I managed 46kph with the vapor in the end (I was reading the wrong bit when I said 36kph).

It was an interesting morning and a good day for OBE's it seems!

The wind went from nothing to 30kph + with stronger gusts. The 2.7m vapor took some work to start with but I was determined to stick with it. As the wind strength increased I realized the huge power that this kite can deliver. And a stupid mistake when trying to untwist my lines lead to me leaving the buggy...

Only a few bruises and scrapes and was lucky to get away with just that. Decided with the wind blowing as it was that discression is the better part of valour and went home! Have to say up to that point I was absolutely loving the vapor and thinking I need more of these...

It was great to see everyone down there. With so many kiters, of course there was no wind.

The wind did pick up a little bit later on. I managed to get the 8.6 Reactor under control, but boy was it hard to hold on when it got moving, going up wind without a harness really made the arms burn. There was even enough wind to get the 4.4 Reactor out, it was in a bit of a tangle from last weekend still.

It was a great morning despite the lack of wind, I really enjoyed myself, just cruising around, then the kite would gently float to the ground, wait a few minutes and off it would go again. It was Topped of by one of the model aeroplanes impacting and shattering into a thousand pieces as Rodney and I headed off :popcorm1: !

When we got back near the car park, in the typical fashion the wind had picked up, but had to go back to husband/father duties! Great to see everybody down there, I have some video I will edit and post as soon as I can.

Lets do it again soon...