Kite Till You Drop @ Speed Week 2011

.Joel

Hi All,

Below are the details for the Speed Week 2011 meet. I have booked 4 houses to begin and like every year we will run this as a first come first serve basis. To ensure you have a spot your place must be paid for. Often we will run out of spots before the last booking date specified below, accommodation is not infinite so we operate with what we have access to.

Where is it happening?

We meet at Sandy Point, a small town based on the coast of Waratah bay. It is approximately 2.5 hours drive from Melbourne.

Event Agenda

Saturday 29th October: Arrival / Casual Flying

Sunday 30th October: BBQ Night

Monday 31st October: Casual Flying

Tuesday 1st November: Departure / Casual Flying

Mini Golf

In the event that we may not get ideal winds for kiting across all days a Mini Golf Tournament will be held as backup with prizes.

Accommodation

You can book yourself some accommodation through Extreme Kites or organise your own.

$139 Singles (Single Bed)

$239 Couples (Double / Queen Bed)

This includes 3 Nights / 4 Days accommodations, and BBQ dinner + entry in to competitions and prizes. Accommodation is limited and we operate on a first paid first served basis. If you are booking early and would have preference to those who you share a house with please let us know via email in advance and we will do our best to make those arrangements.

Bookings and Payments

The final day to book is September 30th 2011, be aware this does not mean there will be accommodation available up until this point. We usually fill all houses well before this date! And a friendly reminder for those who say "save me a spot i'm coming," if you haven't paid i'm not saving you any spot, I will simply nod and smile. Your reservation is only secured once you have made payment. Credit card payments can now be accepted to secure your spot.

Cancellations

All cancellations and requests must be made before September 30th 2011, any later than this and we will not issue a refund unless we can fill your spot.

Optional Registration

If you are not staying with us and have organised your own accommodation there is an registration fee of $15 if you wish to attend the BBQ. This will register you with Extreme Kites and keep you in the loop and include entry to our BBQ dinner night.

How to Book

Please email to Joel@WindCube.Com.Au and a form will be sent to you in return.

Insurance and Local Guidelines

We advise all attendees to have registered 3rd party insurance when attending any meet. All Extreme Kites registered individuals will receive a map outline of local kiting rules and regulations for the event via email.

Have Questions?

If you have any questions you are welcome to ask here in the topic or send an email to Joel@WindCube.Com.Au

Notes:

Rates & Price Reductions

Accommodation rates and prices have been reduced up to $15 per booking.

T-Shirts & Clothing

T-Shirts are no longer included free, due to a lot of people wanting different colours / varieties / long sleeve etc. Instead for those wanting T-Shirts they will be made available online mid August through the Online Store for purchase in a variety of Hoodies, T-Shirts, Long Sleeve and Short Sleeve all in different colours which you can select.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[align=][/align]My local club?

Didn't even know I had one. :s

As for speed week, I'm definitely thinking about it.

I was planning to roll my swag and make the trek last year - but then I broke my thumb and the doc convinced me not to ;)

This time around though I'm under no such orders :good: :good:

Is there any chance of an S1 being there?

I have been planning to make a trek to Brisvagas once these dang Sysmics arrive to check out S1 v S2. And chance of being able to check 'em out at speedweek?

[align=][/align]My local club?

Didn't even know I had one. :s

AKFA, take a look in the South Australia kite forum.

As for speed week, I'm definitely thinking about it.

I was planning to roll my swag and make the trek last year - but then I broke my thumb and the doc convinced me not to ;)

This time around though I'm under no such orders :good:

So get off your bee-hind and make an appearance :D

If you feel like breaking the drive i'm sure someone would put you up for the night in Melbourne, however Sandy Point is only about 2 hours onwards.

Is there any chance of an S1 being there?

I have been planning to make a trek to Brisvagas once these dang Sysmics arrive to check out S1 v S2. And chance of being able to check 'em out at speedweek?

No idea, there will be 3 or 4 S2's there as a few of the locals own them. So after all that flaffing around you still didn't order one I'm guessing :wall: Oh well there's always 2012/13 season :P

So after all that flaffing around you still didn't order one I'm guessing :wall: Oh well there's always 2012/13 season :P
I've definitely registered my interest but am still waiting on pricing. Jas says he won't know till they actually arrive so I figured I'd fly up there one weekend and check them out to make my final decision. If there's going to be an S1 at speedweek I could well save myself a trip.

Not exactly sure which thread you're referring to there. Did you mean this one? Cos that one's not particularly inspiring :P.

Sorry Slarti, i'm all out of spoons, you're going to have to read more AKFA posts than just that 1 :upyours: But I did give you a good clue, speak to Mick. Try "Control + F" and type in "Mick" in the South Australia kite forum, I get 22 results for the first page :good:

If you don't get anywhere you can always signup to the new Victorian kite club (VKA) when you're down at Speed Week, we will have all membership, insurance and news with us down there. :good:

I've definitely registered my interest but am still waiting on pricing. Jas says he won't know till they actually arrive so I figured I'd fly up there one weekend and check them out to make my final decision. If there's going to be an S1 at speedweek I could well save myself a trip.

Pricing is as listed on the Briskites site. Weren't you looking at a modification or something?

Pricing is as listed on the Briskites site. Weren't you looking at a modification or something?
I'm tossing up between the S2 with 8x8 BeachRacers or going all out for an S1.

The big thing in favor of the S1 is that enormous 140L bag and general 'deluxe' appeal. In favor of the S2 is smaller dimensions (especially weight) and my preference for mild steel but given I'll need S1 forks regardless the mild S2 might look a little silly - not that that has ever stopped me before ;)

So yeah, if you have a pricing for an S2 with 8x8 BeachRacers that would be awesome! :good:

UPDATE!

Alright... I have had a number of people email me, book and pay. So we have...

House 1 - Full!

House 2 - Full!

House 3 - Plenty of room.

House 4 - Plenty of room.

I will send an email out to the whole community tomorrow, having now given the regulars ample time to get in contact with me.

Do you want to stay longer?

We are considering booking the XKHQ house until the Thursday as it is available. If you are interested in staying an extra couple of days shoot me an email. So Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.

Regards,

.Joel

haha, no it won't fit in the overhead.

I can only get 1 week off work, so I have to fly down.

For any SE QLDers that are thinking about heading down, there are some cheap flights at the moment thru webjet. Goldcoast to melbourne from $79 with jetstar or $87 with virgin. And the same for the return.