Kiting: Hobby or Obsession

IanJones

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so I thought oh this looks like fun,, I can spend the day with hubby while he flies and we can have a picnic on the beach and relax............then he let me fly the kite......still think sure this is nice hubbys holding me in place not so bad it's fun..........then he let go and I discovered true power, the kind that gets the adrenilen pumping, and I am addicted!

definately obsession.

been flying since I was 8 (thats nearly 16 years now)

wake in the morning looking at trees and weather reports

go to work at a kite factory/warehouse (surrounded by the beauties all day)

stop off on the way home and fly

weekends.....flying

Holidays....how many kites can a plane take

when its raining.....kite forums

I NEED HELP :D

• 2 weeks later...

its now 5 weeks since my first kite (blade 3 4.9) arrived and ive started to notice that i get irritable and restless if i dont take it out every day.

my housemates are also getting terribly bored of hearing me talk about it.

its definatly an obsession.:cool:

obsessedi will check the wind every day, even if i'm not planning on going out just in case i can escape for an hour.

i have got up at 5, driven 2 hours, flown 2 hours then driven back to take the missus out, just to get some clean wind, and thats not to mention the times i have driven down only to find out all the forcasts were wrong.

I'd say obsession without a doubt... Checking the weather is a daily ritual, looking out the window checkin the trees, which way the sea gulls are facing while there chillin on the football field (sad or what!) They always face into the wind, i did'nt know that before i started kiting. I guess its so they dont ruffle there feathers.

Argggh, i need to get out but 3mph wind just now dos'nt do it for me:mad: .

Obsession..........? Yes because Rach is forever tellin me that:rolleyes: .

But i thought all this was normal;) :D

John

Im definatley an Addict. I miss days of lectures to go out kiting, I dont do the coureswork in for the next day go kiting, get deprresion if theres no wind for more than 2 days. I need a fix i have only been out 6 times over the last 4 days need more i need it. Why cant you get patches to help ease the suffering when you cant fly just so i can finish a small piece of coureswork or do a tiny little bit of revision. Nope all i can do is look out my window and imagine flying

I am probaly near divorce, I have been out for 8 hours solid before, if there is no wind I will sit and wait!, if I am at home I will search ebay or download kite vids (over 40 now) and am currently putting them together with a movie editor for a hugh long video! The rest of the time I read kite mags and sit at work day dreaming about the right moves and what to do with the bar etc.

Ooooops soz Pauline (wife) but this is what me and the garden designer have come up with:D :D http://www.wiganpowerkiter.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Kiteprep.jpg

Pauline I aint obsessed honestly, they just need lots of TLC & with all that colour out there who needs flowers:D :D

Carl.

• 3 weeks later...

Mark me down as another obsessed kiter.

If you can't get a fix when theres no wind, just go and get an indoor kite:D

It's quite funny when the other kiters are moaning that theres not enough wind, and I say that there's too much for the indoor kite:D

Now with the indoor kite, I can kite from about 90% of the time to 95% of the time. Well worth the money for that 5% flying time:D

I've been in kiting tooooo long, I've warned people 'bout this but you don't listen! want them to go away so's I get the space to buggy..... here I am at work running through the forums, all of them!!!! - and I know there's no help for me, bar a bullet, and you know what sort I mean! now at psycopath level!!

let this be a warning to you all - don't touch the strings!!!!!

Is it bad when you're already planning out the next three kites you plan on buying when the wife's not looking?

no, that's normal.

she can & will find out about them eventually... just don't let her know about the bank you'll have to rob to finance them all.:p