It has some water stains near the middle LE bladder as shown, but nothing to distort the kite in any way.

All bladders hold air. Individual strutt pump system.

A great kite, but I am not going to use it much. It's been my rental kite for the last 5 months and it's done my clients and myself well. I've got other better kites to hire anyway, so just want to get rid of it.

Comes with 5-th line extension for a 5-line bar or can be removed for your 4-line bar.

$100 firm + postage

DSC_0397.JPG

DSC_0398.JPG

DSC_0404.JPG

DSC_0401.JPG

DSC_0403.JPG

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By robchepstow
      I bought this kite as a nice cheap kite for high winds and a view to using it with a mountain board.

The Package

The kite comes in a basic yellow sack similar to the bag you used to put your daps in at school. The colour is predetermined by the size of the kite. The pack contains:

The kite
      Lines and handles (already attached to the kite)
      2 sandbags to hold down the kite
      2 plastic kite stakes
      Some stickers
      A few spares for the handles

Build Quality

The kite seems to be of good quality and the bridles are colour co-oridinated with nice fluorescent line. The kite has the nice feature of having zips at each tip to allow you to empty any sand out that may have gotten in.
      The lines are of a good quality and as I've already said are pre connected to the kite.
      The handles are foam covered and feel comfortable in the hand, not as good as Ozone handles but then what is?
      The handles also have an interesting extra in that they have a little clip on the front which allows you to change the tension in the brake line.

Flying the kite

So far I have only taken the kite out twice and so I will just recount these experiences.

Outing 1
      Wind conditions were very light, only 5-8mph of wind. I took the kite out with a friend who wants to get into kiting and I also brought my Beemer II 3.6. There was very little difference in pull between the two kites and the Buster was far more manoeverable due to its smaller size and higher AR. I was able to fly the Buster like a stunt kite with low swoops and the like. It was very easy to get up and I even managed reverse ups without much difficulty, which is pretty good in such low winds.

Outing 2
      This time the wind was far from light, the highest gust I recorded being 39.6mph (not quite the 40, gutted!). This time the kite was a totally different experience, but not in a bad way! The kit erose predictably from the sand and sat beautifully in the Zenith without going near to an overfly. I could turn the kite easily and even with my 15st bulk behind it I was easily scudding down the beach. A couple of my mates are only 11st and they stuggled to control the kite a little as it was dragging them towards the sea! In this high wind the brake trimmers came into their own as I could add a large amount of base brake to allow the kite to be flown a lot more easily in the conditions.

Overall

I would rate this as a good kite for the money, I only paid £70 for it. It has a great wind range and would be a great kite for beginners to get used to a 4 line kite and riding a mountain board. I would recommend it to anyone on a budget who wants a good, unfrustrating workout.

Rob
      By : robchepstow
    • By lugs
      I have just bought the pansh legend 4.5 in blue and white and I must say i am impressed. It took five days to arrive and it was well packed. The first thing I noticed was the quality of the stitching it was nice and straight with no over lap or loose ends. It comes ready to fly with handles, lines and stuff bag - basic but enough. I added kite killers and ground stakes and I still only paid £60.The handles are as good as any other £15.00 handles on the market, they now have grommets and feel right in the hands with good grips. Lines are not so good but they work. The kite is well finished its made of rip stop nylon logos which are stitched in, not printed on, and the bridle is well made and colour coded.

The first flight was great when I sorted the lines out, they were tangled on the winder from the factory. 20 mins of effing & jeffing sorted that out then just had to sort the length out, each line was a different length. These are niggles not real problems after all half the fun is the fiddling and tweaking. Flying this kite is fun you can chuck it around touch the brakes and watch it turn instantly fly it to the zenith nose dive to the ground with confidence knowing that it will turn out when you want, the pansh has lots of pull and will keep even the larger flyers amongst us dancing! It's not the fastest kite around but it's rock steady in all sorts of winds and looks good in the air.

I have seen expensive kites not as well finished or fly as well as these so why pay more? I am so impressed with them I'm going to buy some more, they seem to be very popular around my flying sites and every body I've spoke to likes them. Pansh is a small name in the kite world but with the quality of materials, manufacture and customer service it's going to up there with the big boys very soon.
      By : lugs
    • By TwistedAnimator
      I've not been flying kites for very long, a while ago I bought a 1.4m Symphony to have a play with but I soon found myself trawling the reviews online looking for advice on that first kite that would be able to power me along on my mountainboard.

Eventually I decided that I wanted a Samurai II, lots of people rated them highly and it seemed like a kite I could progress on.

I was fortunate to find a local flyer in my area who was happy to give me a go with some of his kites and give me some much needed tuition, this gave me the confidence to go for a 4m Sammi instead of the 3m version I'd planned on originally.

I bought the kite second hand with the control bar option but it was only 2 months old and the condition was as new (Minus sticker and keyring).

The stitching is even and neat throughout the construction and the cell edges and trailing edge are taped. There are 2 dirt outs, one at each side of the rear edge - although I've not really needed to empty dirt out of it yet so can't say how useful they are yet.

The bridal is stitched and the attachment points are numbered for easy set up - although it was already set up for me so I've not had to use this either.
      The control bar feels good and sturdy and the grip is comfy, it's red on one side, black on the other so you know which side is which. The harness line has a quick release safety which is really easy to use (just pull the red tab) and easy to reconnect also.
      The brakelines are attached through a pulley on the end of a webbing strap with trim loops on - pull the red one for more brake, the yellow one for less - simple.
      The wrist leash is attached via this strap too.
      The winders have elastic loops to hold the lines on when wrapped up and do their job well. It all fits in a rucksack which is red and black and is, well it's a rucksack! the kite fits in it easily.
      I've been out with the kite a few times now, but mostly in lower winds as I'm still learning. It turns pretty fast and reverses easily when crashed.
      I've managed to drag myself back and forth across my local flying fields on my board and the kite has a nice even pull. It doesn't seem to have masses of lift, but on the windiest day I've taken it out in (last week during the warm Ex hurricane Gordan winds, not sure of the speed) I found it lifted me just a foot off the ground whilst sitting at the zenith during a gust, nothing scary or violent, just a gentle lift and fall, but the pull of the kite lower down in the wind was awesome!
      I'm looking forward to gaining more confidence and taking it out in better winds now, and I'm definitley pleased with my new toy!

By : TwistedAnimator