Extreme Kites Yeppoon Meet 2012!

Goz

It's Back by Popular Demand ..... the Extreme Kites Yeppoon Meet for 2012

It will be on from the 6th till the 9th of April which is the Easter long weekend

Come and experience simply the best beach for kite buggying on the whole East Coast of Australia with a fantastic crew of kiters, it's a meet you will never forget!

file.php?id=11754

file.php?id=11752

Note: Andyfly will be there with us in spirit, Linda and the Flys will be leaving a bit of Andy's spirit behind in Yeppoon on the beach with a sprinkling of ashes. We encourage you take part with fond memories of Andy.

file.php?id=11796

Dates for 2012 are:

Friday April 6th (Good Friday)

Saturday April 7th

Sunday April 8th (Easter)

Monday April 9th (Easter Monday)

Direct Accommodation Rates:

Rydges Capricorn Resort: (Approx $220 p/night) (web http://www.capricornresort.com.au)

Driftwood Holiday Units: (Approx $130 p/night for 2 people, + $15 extra per person per night) (web http://www.driftwoodunits.com.au)

Note about Driftwood Holiday Units: If there is enough of us who have booked units at this location for the meet then we are welcome to use the main BBQ area next to the outdoor swimming pool for the social BBQ night. For anyone unaware, the Driftwood Units is on the same street (Todd Avenue) as the main XK house was on for the last meet and also has it's own ramp on to the beach from the units and a nice large grassed outdoor area for laying out gear.

BBQ at Driftwood Units 2011

file.php?id=11710

Foreshore at Driftwood Units

file.php?id=11743

Mud Map for those who haven't been before

file.php?id=11693

Contact Information

To get in contact regarding this Meet / Event please post in this topic or if requiring private correspondence please email to events@windcube.com.au

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

w00t! :dance:

Mel and I will be there from the 31st March to the 15th of April.

If you're looking for accommodation I strongly suggest the Driftwood Units (web http://www.driftwoodunits.com.au), we had such a great time there with the communal atmosphere. Clive and Merilyn were great in accommodating us, with a huge area out the back to leave our buggies, kites, boards and whatever else. The units generally sleep 4 people, so feel free to organise yourselves in this thread to share accommodation. If you book one and are looking for someone to share the costs, post up.

Look forward to seeing everyone there in 2012!

Regards,

.Joel

It will be on from the 6th till the 9th of April which is the Easter long weekend

Dates for 2012 are:

Friday April 6th (Good Friday)

Saturday April 7th

Sunday April 8th (Easter)

Monday April 9th (Easter Monday)

Dates for 2012!!! :D:D:D

Love your work Goz! Look for our updates of our arrival!

:popcorm1:

Jeez...even the missus got on the thread before i did :dontknow:

If i HAVE to drive up again...i'll happily tolerate it :D

Hoping for a two week stint this year :D:D

Hope to out run some blokarts on my landboard again :D:D:D

Goz: Please make sure the local croc's are well fed again this year. I'll only have a few spare sets of undies to wear again :D:D:D:D

Dave - looking forward to kiting, spending time with mates, and reminiscing about a great bloke. :drinks:

Jeez...even the missus got on the thread before i did :dontknow:

Damn straight Mr. You know I've been waiting PATIENTLY for this thread! :D

It looks like it's going to be awesome as always again this year(2012) with most of the crews stayin for the 2 weeks! (30th to 14th) Even more parties! Whoo :clapping::clapping::clapping:

:popcorm1::popcorm1::drinks::drinks::friends::friends::dance3::dance3::dance4::dance4::goplay::goplay::dance::dance::pump::pump::popcorm1::popcorm1:

:D maybe just maybe my imaginary friend might makeit too with his family (JKS) :P:P:P:P:P:P:P

haha, how many times have you checked back to see if I have responded to that :P

I still say that he doesn't exist. For all the stories that I'v heard and the almost encounters but never actually meeting, he's starting to sound like an urban myth :eek: .....Maybe I'll meet marty and big foot on the same day

Andy it's all done with smoke and mirrors mate :D

Mind you Marty on the Beach at Yeppoon with the rest of the crew is hard to believe.

PS. Andy you better be practising your evasive buggy maneuvers between now and then if we have Marty and Sluggo on the beach at the same time. Some eyes in the back of your head might be handy as well. :derisive: