Kite Till You Drop @ Speed Week 2011

.Joel

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Saturday is starting with 8am / 8pm Low tides. Bring some lights :D

Ok ... doing the math, that means Zachary and I have to leave Point Cook at 5:30, wind back further ... we have to get out of bed 5:00 am. Talk about keen. Now that is an early start, but 'doable'.

Tell you what we will be absolutely knackered by the end of the day, but hey what's new when you're having fun kiting. :D

Low tides are .06 & .03 (sat/sun) so they're really low. We should be able to use the beach 2 1/2 to 3 hrs before hand. My two goals for this kiting season is a sunset run at Sandy Point and a night buggy - hah, might be able to run one into the other.

Spartan and I did a Sunrise run there two years ago. It was awesome! Snuck up on a baby seal that didn't see us coming out of the sea mist in the dark. And ran off the end of the point while I was distracted by the view out to the Prom as the sun came up. Magic!

If the wind looks favourable, I want to be there at 6am!

Shane

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Given a Southerly wind to SW'er the Kraken can get 8 to Squeaky beach on Wilson's Prom for an approximate 9K down the line wave ride back to the entrance of the Inlet.

if too much west in the wind then the down the liner will start near Waratah.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=wilson ... 12&vpsrc=6

Go to the booking page of www.krakentours.com for prices.

Sounds like a recipe for light wind kiting with big kites on the land in the morning and small kites for bigger winds for the water action in the afternoon. I can see we are going to be absolutely knackered by the time we hit the sack but with a grin from ear to ear. So at least we will have a dry harness in the morning.

## EXTRA NIGHT'S BOOKING! ##

If ANYONE wants to stay until the Wednesday then I need to know now if you are interested. Cut off is this weekend for those wanting to stay an extra night, if we have the numbers i'll make it possible and work out the cost.

Count me in for an extra night!

Shane