Grandfathers Axe

andy666

I have just finished putting the latest parts onto my buggy and I’m wondering if I can still say that it is my original buggy?

Like the grandfathers axe paradox my PL buggy has had every part replaced. Well almost, the front fork and foot pegs are still original. 

Now if I had of replaced all the parts at once, then I would of said that it was a new buggy that was using my old fork. But the parts have been replaced in stages over several years.

So, can I still say that this is my original buggy?

D5EB8097-D888-4903-BD30-E6E9A3401F8F.thumb.png.efe053a1e4f19f9588b83e7a6fcc3fbf.png

Granpappy got 2 hips replaced last year. Year before he got a carbon replacement for his wooden leg and new false teeth to match his glass eye. Granma got him a wig to wear under his hat for church picnics the year before and he's thinking about the hair implants but he's worried they may affect his pacemaker and kidney transplant.

Is he still your granpappy? Damn straight he is!

Show some respect boy and don't be listening to old Greeks with wooden boats!

17 hours ago, andy666 said:

I have just finished putting the latest parts onto my buggy and I’m wondering if I can still say that it is my original buggy?

Like the grandfathers axe paradox my PL buggy has had every part replaced. Well almost, the front fork and foot pegs are still original. 

Now if I had of replaced all the parts at once, then I would of said that it was a new buggy that was using my old fork. But the parts have been replaced in stages over several years.

So, can I still say that this is my original buggy?

Sounds like my PL buggy!

Lets see.......

Third set of forks (current set repaired three times)

Two or three sets of side rails (fixed once again, and needs another go, loose bolt)

Two axles (fixed um... um... um... quite a few times?)

Three seats.

Two splash guards (the current one has two holes in it)

Countless number of 12mm bolts, guess I am at about a dozen.

Original foot pegs, but only because I don't use them. I made a set up at work many moons ago, the're still kicking.

And drum roll.......... Original down tube!!! (which really needs a check to see if it's got any cracks in it) 

And it's still the old original buggy! :good: 

I bought a used GT Race Rapide in 2016 and changed all parts step by step within the last 2 years:

- seat
- Rapide++ frame and axle
- numberplates
- bolts for the wheels
- tube, fork and mudguard
- new cadcats
- new duros

The only part left from my old Rapide is the selfmade bellyplate.

It´s definetly not my old buggy! :-)

18 hours ago, andy666 said:

jesus @nigel your hard on the gear. The only thing I’ve ever broken was a seat (and that was just the buckles)

Sorry @andy666 your just not trying hard enough. :P

Yes the seat buckles are far too weak, now tied to the side rails.

Forgot, the plastic Fallshaw rims are original, but on the third set of tyres for the rear and second for the front.

The Libre Full Race on the other hand.....

Repaired the forks 4 times, even added gussets to the foot peg connectors.

Cracked the plate on the side rails where they connect to the toe-in toe-out adjuster.

Fubared the toe-in toe-out connectors. They are 6mm thick stainless plate, cracked right through on one plate and 60% on the other three.

And the side rails are in need of some TLC, as they should be at 120 degrees, but fat buggers like me have compressed them to about 150 degrees. So they need a go in the press at work.

The 15 year old seat is starting to look it's age. 

And the Fallshaw rims have just been replaced with some Sysmics, for more bling. :sunbespectacled:

And the GT....

Nothing yet...........or not trying hard enough.