Perrin's 5M Single Skin

.Joel

When I first saw the top picture I thought perhaps it was a Monjet Ninox prototype.  However, it doesn't seem to have the three "floaty" cells as they call them.  @.Joel - Is this a Nixox?  Here is a link to their website:

http://www.monjetkiteboarding.com/ninox.html

At this point my quiver is split more or less 50/50 between single and double skin kites (four Flysurfer Peak2s and four Ozone Access V6s) with three small z-bridled Born-Kite NS3s thrown into the mix for shits and giggles though I use the NS3s at this point just for static flying at the beach, park, etc.  One of the things I continue to notice is the distinct difference in the amount of bridling required across designs, with SS clearly needing more bridling to keep the wing shaped correctly in the air.  Looking at the upper picture of the kite shown here I'm really noticing the bridling again.  At least for me the bridling is cumbersome and sort of a pain in the seat meat to deal with.  I always seem to pleasantly revel in the comparatively reduced bridling each time I pull out an Access.

Thanks for the post Joel!

4 minutes ago, windstruck said:

@.Joel - Is this a Nixox?

I don't think so, it's Perrin so it's either his own or some PL Design.  He doesn't give away much in info in the pics ;) 

Like most new releases, single skins will have a lot of bridles initially then we'll see how they reduce that over time by building out the exposed ribs of the kite more.  Perhaps some short cross-bridling to reduce overall bridle length.

Thanks @.Joel.  I wasn't familiar with "Perrin" and had hopped over that word in my mind.  The color and general design is what threw me at first in the Monjet direction,  On closer repeat inspection I now see that in great likelihood this kite is a FB design (the Ninox prototype looks to be a DP).  If this is perhaps a PL design as you say, perhaps it is a second generation UNIQ Quad.  I owned a UNIQ Quad for a few weeks (which turned out to be a few weeks too long IMHO).  V-1.0 was really not ready for Prime Time as anything beyond a static flyer on the beach or at the park.  Motive power? No thanks.  A UNIQ Quad V2 would be a welcome reprise, though I'm not planning on dippin again.

• 1 month later...