Which pansh kites are worth getting?

Andrew Andrade

On 1/15/2018 at 6:55 AM, Andrew Andrade said:

Looking at Pansh's line-up, they offer kites at a very affordable price.  Which of the models are worth getting?  I was thinking about getting a larger kite for the low end winds and a 8 or 10 m for higher winds.  Are the modifications necessary to enable them to fly well difficult to do?

Hi Andrew. Welcome to the forum.

It would help if you could share what experience you have and what you intend using the kite for. Pansh make a wide variety of land kites and different models are better suited for different styles of flying/riding. I have very limited experience with Pansh kites as I've only ever owned one (Blaze 3) but it works fine for what I do and I haven't modified it in any way. A lot of our experienced members are away at Kingston so I expect you'll get more replies when they return.

:good:

I am looking to get a couple of Pansh kites for snowkiting.  What do you recommend for snowkiting? I will be on both flat and mountainous conditions on ice and snow, so looking for 1-2 kites which would be good for both. What does a snowkite quiver look like?

My main question is what is the difference between the smaller kites such as blaze 3 or genesis.  Which ones will loop well and have good depower (I can get get a good wind range)?

I am usually between 75-85 kg.

For snow you want a good flag out system when the wind gets too crazy. If you are contemplating on long back country trips weight of the kites becomes important, ie less for you to carry. To this end,  perhaps not the answer you are looking for but I would be looking at the single skin kites from either FlySurfer or Borne http://www.born-kite.de/ as they are much lighter and have a very good wind range. The ozone Access is also known for high stability and well suited to snow kiting. Sorry no experience with the Pansh kites.

21 hours ago, Andrew Andrade said:

My main question is what is the difference between the smaller kites such as blaze 3 or genesis

Genesis is a fairly low aspect ratio (AR 3.7) closed cell foil and would probably be more stable than the Blaze 3 which has aspect ration of 5.2. The Blaze isn't particularly lifty but will be a lot more so than the Genesis and will also be more subject to luffing in gusty conditions which can be dangerous if you're just learning. To balance that, the Blaze has a much better flag out system (copied from Ozone) that will make dropping the kite and re-launching in sketchy conditions a lot easier and safer. Open cell is also a lot easier to setup and pack down than closed cell. Both kites are relatively cheap and quality is good for the price but they don't compare with high quality kites from HQ, Ozone, Flysurfer, etc. and they have zero resale value when you want to upgrade. Having said that, if you can fly a kite they'll get you anywhere you want to go and you'll have a ton of fun in the process.

I'm wondering the Flux, Adam and Genesis are all the same basic kite - Flux being a simple fixed bridle open cell, Adam being the same but closed cell and Genesis the Adam with a simple depower bridle in place.  So does anybody know whether that's the case?  It just looks that way from the pictures, cell count as best I can tell and the limited data on wingspan, and so on.

Not sure about flux, but that is definitely the case with Genesis and Adam. Pretty sure I read it in one of the Pansh descriptions.

OK - found it - on the Genesis description:

Genesis is a latest PANSH depower kite. This 5-line closed- cell depower kite developed from PANSH Adam kite. It has all the advantages of PANSH Adam kite. It is very stable and easy to control. Genesis is made of high quality waterproofed material. The material is extremely light and comes with perfect coating. This kite is the best tool to do snowkiting, surfing, boarding... Pansh Genesis comes in 4 sizes- 6.0m², 8.0m², 10 m² and 12m².