Pansh A15 Prototype

.Joel

On 2.8.2016 at 5:21 PM, Rule said:

Ah annoying, there are two threads on the A15.. I'll just post here as well then :)

But first, wow that is some damage on your kite? And especially on the bridles, how did that happen? Must have been full force on just a couple of lines? Was it in the water/on the ground? :confused: And also; if the small connector lines are supposed to break but the bridles and kite did, then those connectors are just too strong? Not perse the fault of the stitchwork (or bridles)?

Could be an idea to do a breaktest with a flysurfer/ozone connector and pansh connector line..

Luckily I have had more succes and been testing my kite as well last weekends:

I got my A15 18m a couple of weeks ago and flew it twice; in 6-8 knots on the beach and on the water in 10 knots, increasing to around 16-19 knots later that day (both speeds according to a website, I had the feeling it was a little less).

6-8 knots is not enough for me, even hard to keep it flying. The lower side would tend to collapse to the middle as well because there was too little wind. Also the kite kept backstalling.

From 10 knots on kiteboarding is easy, even on a regular TT and weighing 90kg. I had no issues whatsoever, kite was steady as a rock, huge difference with my 6-8 knots session! Although the 18m is (very) slow to turn even on a 65cm bar it was easy to generate enough power to get going.

Going upwind is easy as well, if you can get on your board you can go upwind. I had the feeling that it likes apparent wind, although it could have been some gusts. When you gain speed, it just wants to keep going forward. Makes it even harder to turn, but it could've been me being a bit overpowered as well.

All in all, I am very happy so far, can't wait to get back on the water and test it some more! :crazypilot:

Hi Rule,

felt pretty the same results on mine A15 18m.

I use a 2:1 bar to increase steering performance and get the full depower range...

... and tweeked some lines to get rid of the tacco tendency, theory and preparation receipe documented here:

http://kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=197&t=2391108&p=939497#p939497

http://kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=197&t=2391108&p=939639#p939639

(should be a vid link on one of the posts)

..and a description what to do as a first hack to get rid of taccos, here:

http://kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=197&t=2391108&p=939700#p939700

(look at the "Quick Tip")

Greetings

I think the reason pansh can offer such cheap prices is

1, the build quality is not quite as good (getting closer though) as other brands.

2, the quality control is quite poor, (i have had to heavily adjust the bridles on all three of my pansh kites as they would not sit at the zenith out of the bag).

3, very limited after sales support, (just by going on what I read online for this one)

at the end of the day if you are looking for something better in any of these areas it seems you would be best to pay the extra $ for one of the other mainstream brands.