warwickshire kiters

braddels

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

well i just looked out of the window and from across the river it seems that the meadow has been mowed. there is a fairly strong wind coming across the field, not in the best direction but the trees might be messing with it. if you get there at an ok time you should be able to fly, parking isnt free sadly so either park in the budgens car park (dont worry you wont get clamped cos we dont actually have a clmaping liesence and the car park is alwasy open) and walk with all you kit down to the meadow or pay the £3 or £4 it will be to park.

so assuming it stays like this, it should be a nice weekend

what time and days are you gunna be down?

Yeah, I went up Sunday morning until "rain stopped play". Nice local location, wind was SW so I stuck myself up near the hedge where that funny circular weed patch is.

It's a nice little location, £2 all day parking isn't bad, especially as there's toilets and stuff for the kids, picnic benches and quite a few people setting up BBQ's.

I bet it's cracking in a SE wind...

I did suffer from people randomly driving/walking right through the middle bit, but I just get them a few minutes to bugger off and it was fine.

If anyone finds my sunglasses, I wouldn't mind them back :mad:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi - I live in Mickleton (about halfway between Evesham and Stratford, and about 15 min from Bidford). Just got a kite (Crossfire 4.0) and if anyone fancies meeting up for a fly let me know. Still a newbie myself, so bear with me, and Im old. Really old. but if you can live with that give me a shout. Wanting to get a buggy once Ive figured out the characteristics of this kite, and given that we dont get much surf in the cotswolds.

email is steveskarr@hotmail.com if you want to get in touch.

Cheers