• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well Marty,

I know I used to tease you about 7 Mile Beach, but now you have me drooling

There awesome looking beaches, might have to upgrade to 4x4 buggy tyres but that looks half the fun.

Now if you can organise an XK event I'll seriously consider it & drag HP & Andy along

Just NOT keen on the Croc's, maybe a few shotties mounted on board buggies

:drinks:

JD

Well Marty,

I know I used to tease you about 7 Mile Beach, but now you have me drooling

There awesome looking beaches, might have to upgrade to 4x4 buggy tyres but that looks half the fun.

Now if you can organise an XK event I'll seriously consider it & drag HP & Andy along

Just NOT keen on the Croc's, maybe a few shotties mounted on board buggies

:drinks:

JD

The beach I now look forward to using is as wide as my old favorite (Skirmish) was long !

The sand is much courser here with some beaches peppered with coral so I reckon the mower shop will be getting a visit from me. Plus the potential for a Salt lake visit or 3, after all ... it's only 764 km down the road :dance3:

Might have to work out if I can run the old girl on Midis ... they are defiantly chunky enough ... just not convinced I will have enough clearence.

As for a XK event ... Maaaaaaaaaaaayte ... I'll even organize personalized number plates for you

JDNHP :drinks:

Marty...

Forgot to tell you to stay away from the nudist beach (Between Lee Point and Casuraina Beach), thats were all the gay men hang out..

They will certainly try the old trick of throwing a $20 note on the sand when you are not looking and asking you if that is yours in the hope you will bend over and pick it up....I'll never fall for that one again... :eek:

Cheers,

Barrie :D

ps. My plates were just plain old BARRIE in the NT..it was so all the girls new my name..and so I could tell my 4x4 from all the other ones that looked the same..

Heya Norm :good: Pretty blardy good eh .... I just wish I had some toys to play with :mad:

The terrain is a little rougher than I am used to but only in spots ... what it lacks in quality it makes up for in quantity.

JD .... I am quite happy living in 'other' states :rolleyes:

Today I had a GOOD yap with my new best mate 'The fire warden' (He who has acces to all) and he tells me that there may be discussion happening in 'chambers' about setting aside an area of beach to the north of town :D Close close close ..... :drinks:

This will be a good thing :good: of course I am bias ... lol ... but the space here at low tide is something else. On ALL beaches around the city (on a big low) There is enough room for 10 Kitetober events ... 50 speed weeks and 1000 Bribie buggy days and a 1000000 Wolfie tackles !

So if/when the wind's up it will be gobberus-smackerous !

Convenience is a good thing. I just wanna get to a close beach via sealed road and not have to 4wd for 1 1/4 and risk getting stranded after a storm :mad:

I have already informed work that in the lead up to cyclones I will be unavailable as I will be taking my opportunity :D:D

Nigel ... I don't know weather you are peeking in here not ...

i'm gunna get ya neener neeener neener :P:P

Marty

Should have been a good day up there for a buggy run on that beach north of Darwin today

NNW winds, 10-15kts, beaut 31deg day.

Now, if you wants us to come and visit, you'll have to give us a little notice ya know :yes3:

Better get your buggy and gear Marty, HP will be hounding me to go

JD

The Intrepid Traveller

Hey Marty,

So it's looks like your actually going up there eh!

I go to Darwin fairly regularly so maybe next time I'll give you a call and try and catch up for a beer, as usually there seems to be a fair bit of the amber liquid available and being consumed in Darwin!

Good luck

Evan

Hey Evan ... yeah mate, the amber is beginning to flow in the veins (I hear it's the ONLY way to stay cool)

Will be back up this Sunday and there for another 3 week stint ... the Fam will move up once the school year has ended but for now it's 3 on 1 off.

Giz a honk when your next over mate :good:

Marty

It's good to hear that gear heading to NT

You'll have to find out what time of the year gives the best winds

for an NT expedition with HP

cheers mate

JD

Oh JD ... ya wouldn't believe it !!!!! :wall:

Fuggin freight fuggin companies :mad: "We will take the ute ... but none of that other s&%t" Arghhhhhhh !!!

I had her 3/4 packed today and had to unpack !

Plan B is only a mere month away :crybaby:

As for the good winds ... I believe (still have a LOT to learn) that the wind is light (8 - 15) all year round apart from when a Cyclone comes to town ... then it creeps up a little :D

Marty

Storm rider

Probably toward the end of the year when I next get up there.

Can't say I have ever been standing in Darwin and I felt the wind blowing, hopefully it picks up for you.....cyclones can be a pain not only for the wind and destruction but even when they are hundreds of K's away they stuff up the weather patterns and it becomes really unpredictable as to what the wind is going to do, generally it's either lots or nothing!

Evan