"kite Club" - Worcester

Winja

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok then, from september you could try the new EKS flying site just outside Kempsey. absolutely huge area of perfect grass. not sure what the deal is yet but is going to be open most weekends on a membership basis.

we fly at perdiswell leisure centre, wind is never great but if you're really stuck for a place then its worth a visit. just make sure you head down the field away from the play area with all the kids. its a cleaner wind down the far end too.

Just got back from a week of nuclear winds at Llangennith in south wales! Destroyed my left knee, it is mostly purple with a large green scab on the knee. Didn't stop me kiting for another three days though!

Met some dude who was sponsored by trampa and the womens kitesurf champion so I'm told.

Got some absolutely huge jumps in, and tweaked many a grab, but my mate nailed 360s and I didn't (that's what caused the knee injury) :(

Now I'm moving away so I won't be at Perdi much any more I'm afraid, hope to catch you all again some time...

Tim

I defo intend to keep up the kiting! May well be down Perdi as it's a better spot than Bidford (I didn't move too far away) but a fair bit longer drive.

I stay in Swansea, my mate has a house there (he's there at Uni), its cheaper and comfier than the tent option

Yep Cambridge it is in 5.5 weeks time!

Yer, it was actually the worst kiting I've ever experienced...

Rages are not meant to fly over your head, pull backwards, turn around, then power back up to the zenith with full power.

Its.

Just.

Wrong.

Gusty wind is worse than no wind - it gives you false hope.

I agree on the bidford front size-wise too, I don't like planting into goalposts...

Tim, when are we going back to swansea?

lol

Lol, it was insanely gusty at bidford, all our foils reduced to binbags very quickly. Saw some nice jumps done with a 7m Haka though.

Will have to make it to Perdi again as Bidford just doesn't cut it for boarding.

Bidford is **** in N NW NE winds :eek: as you found out:)

Best in S - SE:D Have they cut the grass yet it was long and very wet last visit I had there.

Yer, it was actually the worst kiting I've ever experienced...

Rages are not meant to fly over your head, pull backwards, turn around, then power back up to the zenith with full power.

Its.

Just.

Wrong.

Gusty wind is worse than no wind - it gives you false hope.

I agree on the bidford front size-wise too, I don't like planting into goalposts...

Tim, when are we going back to swansea?

lol

Alright Mrjoyce! I see you live in redditch! where abouts? I live there too and Bidford is my nearest half decent flying site as I work over the river at Astwood Design, Redditch is ****e for flying, **** wind everywhere and you get hassled by chavs all the time. Worcester is alot better, I just can't be bothered with the journey.

had some great sessions on the water with my 12m phantom - at 78.5kg it's good in about 18mph to 25mph+

Had a good weekend camping at Hill End in the Gower, wind was cross all the time for Llangenith beach but we still made the most it, even ventured into the sea with my phantom for a bit of body dragging in the waves, I wished I had a kitesurf board, deffiniatly going to buy one now!

Any more weekend fun?

Tom

• 2 weeks later...