"kite Club" - Worcester

Winja

Some bad news for me guys - all my kit has been stolen :(:mad::mad::(

I'd be really grateful if you can keep your eyes and ears open for it:-

Flexi buggy with wide wheels / standard axle

4.9 Blade I - Blue/Orange

7.8 Blade II - Orange and white

3m little devil - White and purple.

I'm pretty certain it was taken overnight on the 12 June.

Cheers....

Tim

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gutted Tim,

Bad news buddy. Where was it taken from? Guessing it was in your car or something?

I'll keep my eyes peeled, any distinguishing markings?

Later

Mark

All pretty desperate - it appears the car has faulty locking. The indicators flash but the locks don't always engage. Therefore it was pretty easy pickings. Must have been a bit awkward to move out a dismantled flexi bug in the middle of the night !

I've attached a picture of the 4.9. Nothing really obvious about it except you don't see that many (any ?) blue 4.9's blade I's around Worcester. The yellow lines are fairly distinctive but dead easy to replace - just like the split flexi handles.

The bug - couple of things here - I'm a lazy bugger and used mole grips on the wheel nuts for a while. Consequently the wheels nuts look mistreated - also the seat itself is ingrained with Kempsey mud. I suppose that's easy enough to clean :(

The 7.8 is filthy, and has a very distinctive/crap strop with home made chicken loop.

The risk is obviously that the culprits read this and take pretty easy action to cover their tracks. I guess I'll have to risk that :(:(:(

Reward offered to info leading to recovery of course....

Cheers

Tim

dognblade1.jpg

dog-bug.jpg

I'm sorry to hear about your gear Winja! The same thing happened to me, I had to claim off my home contents insurance in the end, which bumped my payments up by about £4 per month :(. On the up side though, they did replace old for new so I got some better gear and managed to get the flooring for the kitchen:D I'll keep a very close eye out in the Redditch area and ebay.

Sorry to hear about your gear, I will do all I can.

Grant - Where is your Vx14 coming from?

BTW I would like to remind everyone that this weekend is the 2nd of 3 eXtreme Kiteshop Festivals this year, and should be a good one.

Check this link for more details.

http://www.extremekiteshop.com/kites/images/frontpage/kite-festival.jpg

Folks I'm off to Moonbeach tomorrow, hopefuly for some decent wind. It's sucked here recently.

I'll be in Dyfi weekend of the 15th if anyone is around. After that I'll be doing a few trips down to Saunton. Not sure what date but early August. More the merrier, Braunton is a good drinking town!

MP

Folks I'm off to Moonbeach tomorrow, hopefuly for some decent wind. It's sucked here recently.

I'll be in Dyfi weekend of the 15th if anyone is around. After that I'll be doing a few trips down to Saunton. Not sure what date but early August. More the merrier, Braunton is a good drinking town!

MP

I will give you a shout mate as I will be going to Dyfi a few times before I'm off to Newquay Cornwall end of July. May pop to Anglesey this Sun/Mon as there looks like wind.

@Somebodys Dad, well the forecasts I'm looking at have wind for the weekend, Give yourself a slap as you obviously not use to seeing anything in double figures.

Oh just to rub it in I had to much the other week on the Isle of Wight.

If we are playing my site was gustier than you then I win - measured at 50mph on the beach at Shell :eek:

Needless to say that I considered the 10m Vortex to be overpowered and so declined to fly :). Still Saturday was good - 20-25mph constant onshore; got to play with both Vortex's and had some good 2-3mile speed runs right through the nudist camp :)

I got to Perdi at about 11 yesterday and it scared me sh!tless. The gusts were awful the wind was very inconsistant. I had the 9.5 frenzy out for about 10mins and it was just too much for boarding, so I just packed it up and went home. I hear some buggiers had a good time though later on in the day.