Which size Pansh aurora 2 to buy?

Noel Andrews

Hi all

Seen some great reviews and comments on Pansh kites so hope someone can help.

Im 83kg, been kiting for 20+ years on and off so very comfortable with Kite handling and control, feeling where it is etc. Always flown foils, older flysurfers like psycho 2 13m mainly.

Just trying to decide between aurora 2 10m or 12m.

Being on the heavy side I want the wisest possible wind range. Typically use a 140cmx39cm twin tip. 

Any opinions on wind range or difference between the 10m and the 12m?

thanks all

Noel

I haven’t flown the aurora 2 only the original aurora (12m).

It will depend on the average wind speeds that you usually kite in, but I would say the 12m would be the best option.

If you have previously flown flysurfers, why not look around for a 12m speed 3. They are going cheap now days and you are getting a well known design, that you can still buy all the parts for etc. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks Jason,

second hand flysurfers were still coming out at twice the price of the PANSH.

12m Aurora 2 has arrived, quality feels good.

one test flight on land so far. Gusty day static flying so not ideal conditions.

I will report back once I’ve had some decent flights 

cheers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 5/5/2018 at 1:11 PM, Jason said:

Personally I would suggest trying a different brand before committing to a Pansch. FS kites have come a long way since the Psycho!

Care to revise that statement?

Looks like PANSH have nailed it this time.

I think it's time we open our minds and eyes a little more and accept that prices for most retail kites are way outside the expectations of anyone wanting to get into this sport for the first time. And all the fanbois and die-hards that have been living on a placebo effectively, will one day wake up and bring those ridiculous prices down - way down.

Bit of an update:

had a couple of decent sessions and it’s a great Kite, pulls hard and once it’s moving the apparent wind effect is awesome.

For me the main thing is getting used to something so different from my old flysurfers. Ie always having to keep pressure on the bar is probably the single biggest thing.

What I plan to do is try and fly it back to back with my 13m psycho 2 at some stage to try and really make a decent comparison. 

For me the Pansh was considerably cheaper than even a second hand modern flysurfer, so far so good. 

On 7/5/2018 at 3:03 PM, Northern Kites Australia said:

Care to revise that statement?

Looks like PANSH have nailed it this time.

I think it's time we open our minds and eyes a little more and accept that prices for most retail kites are way outside the expectations of anyone wanting to get into this sport for the first time. And all the fanbois and die-hards that have been living on a placebo effectively, will one day wake up and bring those ridiculous prices down - way down.

Nothing to revise. I stand by what I said.

If price is an issue there is the used market.