Snapped my board

So it has happened, my old wooden scrub board has snapped and I need to replace the deck. I'm looking at a Trampa deck as I've heard that they are pretty good but am just checking what is around and what I should be looking for so have a couple of questions. my knowledge on what makes a good deck is fairly limited to making sure it is strong enough to not snap and making sure it doesn't weigh a tonne.

Are there any other UK or can deliver to the UK manufacturers who make carbon fibre boards apart from Trampa?

I want a replacement deck with maximum pop for getting air, should I be looking at a stiffer board or a more flexible board.

I'm using 9.5mm skate trucks, I was planning to just put them on a new deck. While channel trucks are stronger and more stable for high speed, they are much heavier. Are they popular with kite landboarding or are they just too heavy?

9 hours ago, timG said:

So it has happened, my old wooden scrub board has snapped and I need to replace the deck. I'm looking at a Trampa deck as I've heard that they are pretty good but am just checking what is around and what I should be looking for so have a couple of questions. my knowledge on what makes a good deck is fairly limited to making sure it is strong enough to not snap and making sure it doesn't weigh a tonne.

Are there any other UK or can deliver to the UK manufacturers who make carbon fibre boards apart from Trampa?

I wand a replacement deck with maximum pop for getting air, should I be looking at a stiffer board or a more flexible board.

I'm using 9.5mm skate trucks, I was planning to just put them on a new deck. While channel trucks are stronger and more stable for high speed, they are much heavier. Are they popular with kite landboarding or are they just too heavy?

Hi @timG

Sorry to hear you've snapped your board, mate. Trampa decks have a good reputation for kite landboarding and maybe the only option still available for you in the UK, as most of the other manufacturers are now not producing carbon decks anymore. For maximum pop, you'd want a flexible deck - but the great thing about Trampa is that they can customise a deck based on your weight and preferences. This will ensure that you will get enough pop, without snapping the deck - obviously all based on your weight. Shoot them an email with your preferences and your weight and they will come back to you with a ply recommendation.

In relation to channel trucks, they are great as you said for being stable at a higher speed. It all comes down to your preference of riding. If you do more freestyle riding where you want good airtime and want to be doing tricks etc. then keeping the weight down with skate trucks are the way to go. However if you are more into speed runs and cruising, then channel trucks win there. They really aren't that heavy if you want a good combination of cruising and freestyle - you can still jump with them no problems. It really just boils down to preferences, there is definitely no right or wrong. There are plenty of people who kite landlord with channel/matrix style trucks.

Keep us updated on what you end up with and share your experiences and good luck.