10M Access and buggying

Buckleheid

the title says it all really,just got my hands on an access recently and havent actually flown it yet,im used to FB and handles so this will be a bit of an experience,anyone got any tips/help to get me started with my first depower kite?

have flown an arc 2 times in buggy,was enjoyable,hopefully this will be the same :)

Allow the kite to pull you from the harness and use the bar to steer. Sounds obvious but when I changed from FB to Accesses I was trying to fight the pull through the bar. Pull in the bar a little as you turn to speed it up. Stake out with the break handle behind the bar. Make sure your safety works (top hat, chicken loop or 5th line with leash).When the kite is at the zenith pull the bar right in to stop it overflying, let out again as it comes forward. Enjoy, Accesses are great buggy engines :-)

It sound obvious but just relax, the access will almost fly itself, i spend a lot of time with only one hand on the bar to input the odd steering movement, landing is just as easy, stand by your kite stake, kite above you, take both hands off the bar and grab the strap between the brake lines with both hands and pull. You can steer it on the way down with your hands. now place that strap over the stake and make sure the handle etc is on the kite side of the stake

enjoy, its a great cruising engine

Edited by Nick

can someone answer a 2 questions for me......

once the kite is in the air and the bar is fully in{ie less power} and the trimmer strap is set to lowest setting,will there be slack in the outside lines,so when i pull the bar in it takes up the line slack and changes the AoA?

ive flown the access in low wind and it seemed a bit docile to turn and fly and im worried the lines may be stretched too far,if so is there any adjustment i can make to the lines to take up the slack,or am i just not used to it after flying FB all this time?

You mean when the bar is fully out (less power) then yes there will be some slack in the outside lines but you should still have steering control. If not then sheet in. If steering is still non responsive then the lines may need adjustment.

I'm not familiar with depower foils but there will be knots for adjustments. You can either shorten the outside lines or lengthen the depower lines or both. Make small adjustments and re-test.

Personally I do not adjust the trim strap until the kite is flying. Trimming for lowest setting before launch may risk giving you little or no steering response and that could see you loose control if you're new to depower. If you do pre adjust, then adjust for 50/50.

When you're reaching up to make trim adjustments don't forget to keep an eye on the kite, that's your first priority. Obvious yes, but it only takes a blink of an eye in the wrong direction or to allow yourself to be distracted to seriously mess up.

had a fly today with kite and buggy,wind wasnt the best or the strongest so had kite on full power,was ace i have to say even with the conditions,flew really nicely and was stable,got a couple good runs/fast turns in,happy days.

looking forward to some nice clean moderate winds to have a proper sesh,thanks for all the advice ,well appreciated