Battlefield 3 beta

Buckleheid

out now for most formats

really good graphics and the game play is also good,even though its a beta its still well playable

if you want ur shooter to be more realistic then this is the game for you,MW3 will be waay more arcadey(is that a word?)

free to download on pc ,takes a while setting up with EAs new deploy client but worth it,some minor bugs that will be sorted out for launch

looks good on xbox360 as well,but i prefer pc for shooters,way more control with keyboard and mouse

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just keeps saying there is a problem with the game and please reinstall it. So I do and it does exactly the same. Tried three times and gave up. Looked online for a fix but couldn't find anything. Think it may be to do with vista and dx10 but I'm not really hot on specs and stuff for pc gaming these days. So I took the easy option and downloaded the xbox beta!

Pity, I was intending to buy it on pc cos I used to love bf2 on pc. I may give it another go, if I get it working we'll have to have a blast :)

Tbh you are hard pressed to find a game released or beta without issues these days. Blame improvements in the interwebs for patching. The one main gripe I had with bfbc2 seems to be solved. Namely the input lag. Mouse appears to move at a 1:1 ratio now. (don't hold me to it only tested briefly. ) would like spotting to be moved to the map only. 3d spotting was a nightmare in bc2. Or at least make it only show your last sighted position.

If your playing on pc my gamer tag is the same as my forum name. Feel free to add me.

yeah,the game is still buggy but i think the whole point of the beta is to test the servers under heavy load (i could be wrong on this)

graphically the game is nice,but to me thats unimportant its how it plays is what matters.

a LOT of base raping going on also major camping adn the spawn placement is off if you ask me,also in the beta you have to be ingame and spawned before you can configure your class loadouts,not a big thing but seeing as how the game is launched from a web browser surely u could change settings/loadouts threre,thats the bad points of the BETA.

will need to wait and see how the retail version does on release,im torn between this and mw3 but im fed up with being short changed by activision/infinity ward et al,but as a game mw3 works for me,the whole run and gun thing is good but i spose getting a tad old in fps.

bf3 is just a different style of fps,more teamwork based and a bit lower paced than cod,ill probably end up playing both but will try a free* version first on the single player campaigns and go from there,if bf3 still has some issues it wont be long before dice release a patch.

anyway see you on the battlefield

my tag on pc is same as forum name,add me if you want

Cool will do bud. It's gonna be the same probes as bfbc2. If ya playing with good teams the game was superb. If you end up playing with a server full of individuals it stinks.

Loads of interest amongst the clans I'm a part of looking for some team action. Sure there are loads more clans gearing up towards this game.

Loving this game!! :D

Got to rank 10, got some nice weps. PC only plays level "metro" as far as I have seen and still not bored of it after playing it over and over and over and over. :D

Love running through the tunnels, laser sights and flashlights bobbing around, what a buzz. Coupled with the sounds this game is really immersive/atmospheric. :D

I usually play the medic dude and can be seen running/crawling around shooting mofos and defibbing dead guys. :cool:

I like how the assault guy can drop the legs on his rifle when proned for more accuracy, little touches like that kick ass!

Wish I could change my soldier name. When I was going through Origin it asked for my name so I typed it in full, that is now my soldier name and I cant change it! :p

Loving this game!! :D

Got to rank 10, got some nice weps. PC only plays level "metro" as far as I have seen and still not bored of it after playing it over and over and over and over. :D

Love running through the tunnels, laser sights and flashlights bobbing around, what a buzz. Coupled with the sounds this game is really immersive/atmospheric. :D

I usually play the medic dude and can be seen running/crawling around shooting mofos and defibbing dead guys. :cool:

I like how the assault guy can drop the legs on his rifle when proned for more accuracy, little touches like that kick ass!

Wish I could change my soldier name. When I was going through Origin it asked for my name so I typed it in full, that is now my soldier name and I cant change it! :p

wait for full retail release m8,and u can drive jeeps tanks fly jets and choppers hoooah

you might have an optionn in full game for more than 1 account,im sure all the beta ranks will reset when full game launches

Yeah im thinking if I cant change it i'll just start a new origin account- nothing to lose.

I used to play in clans for UT2003/4, then Cod4 but never battlefield. I lost interest in serious gaming with all the cheating that goes on, it totally ruined online gaming for me. BF2 was full of cheating cnuts. :(

QII was my first fps then I was computer less for a while. Started playing cod4 on ps3 and was hooked. Spec'ed and build a decent rig to game on and haven't looked back.

Some expensive upgrades later and I'm here. Don't game competitively though some within the clans do. Just love playing with clan mates rather than pubbing.

Re acc name. Have you tried logging in to the ea/dice website and editing your acc details there. Loggin is the same.

I havnt tried that mate.Having a look on the site you cant change it. I might ad my PSN account and use that instead, failign that i could contact support and get one of their monkeys to change it. So daft that your profile name cant be changed with the click of a button. :(

I had to install origin for the first time, just to be able to play bf3 beta. No problem. So iim there fillign in the registration. I put in my full name (as it asked for). I didnt expect it to become my permenant bloody soldier name! lol

Looks like im not the only one. Text taken from ea:

QUESTION

Can I change my persona name for the Battlefield 3 Beta or Origin?

ANSWER

In most situations, persona or screenname change requests fall outside the capabilities of our support agents. We do however recognize that there are circumstances where a previously chosen persona name may present an unacceptable risk due to the exposure of information that could be linked to the account holder. As a result, we are now honoring name-change requests by web-request only to these affected customers, using the process below.

If your EA Master ID / Origin screenname exposes the following information, you are eligible for a name change:

Your first and last name

Your phone number

Personally identifiable numbers, such as your social security number or government-issued ID

Yep, they dropped a bollock, trying to sort it without actually admitting a cock up. :p

• 2 weeks later...