just wondering

CWB

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just started, I brought a Super 10 for my happy birthday to me present, then another, then another, . . . .e.t.c, I guess you know the story from there.

I am now learning to Land board with a few Methods and I will try bugging and surfing.

I can't remember having so much fun, also whilst doing so, have met a great bunch of lads.

Have made a few close turf inspections but I am thoroughly enjoying being out in the open air, wish I had started 20 years ago> Muscle ache? I think my cheeks are the worst as I constantly have a huge grin when flying, looking something like =->.

Thanks to all the members of the forum who have offered advice, the forum is a thoroughly good source of information and help.

Only one small problem, when I'm at work I find myself looking out side at any trees and get depressed when it's good wind and I'm stuck inside.

Looking forward to retirement !!

I'm over 40 & heading for 2 X 40. Does that count for twice?

Been buggying over 10 years and still get the adrenalin flowing once in a while.

Still going strong & regularly run the Half Pipe (pic below).

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/Sand-Yeti/Buggying%20pics/6_5Dave01.jpg

I'm well n truly there, after flying I ache in places I didn't know existed on the human body, but like everyone else loving it, just wish I could get out more but ... "With age comes great responsability Grasshopper"......See I am old I remember that :( !!!!!

I'm well n truly there, after flying I ache in places I didn't know existed on the human body, but like everyone else loving it, just wish I could get out more but ... "With age comes great responsability Grasshopper"......See I am old I remember that :( !!!!!

Ah! so that's what I've been doing wrong all these years.

I'm totally irresponsible, which has prevented me from growing up.

I swim every day for 30 mins, buggy every week except when I have badly broken bones. I might be tired after a session especially in summer when temps sit in the upper 40's but my below 40 buggy mates are always more knackered than me.

Aged pain is all in the mind except when my physiotherapist works agressively on my recent titanium wrist repair. I think she really enjoys hurting me.

Us over 50's should have our own club, don't want any of those 40-something, whippersnappers spoiling our fun! I've started reading my mum's Daily Fascist and saying "Yes, they should hand out prison sentences to litterers and the owners of dogs who foul the pavement", and i almost agreed with David 'shiny face' Cameron the other day.

BTW I took up kiting at 46, so yes, it probably was a mid-life crisis.

Is it ok if i post on here twice ? Well i think i posted on here before , That lack of memory could be age related tho, I too only started kiting a few years ago at the tender age of 53 , and that progressed to landboarding ,Some people seem to think that with age comes wisdom , well if it does why the bloody hell did i buy a flexi sabre mk 2 , and regulary try to beat myself to a pulp with it ???

Is it ok if i post on here twice ? Well i think i posted on here before , That lack of memory could be age related tho, I too only started kiting a few years ago at the tender age of 53 , and that progressed to landboarding ,Some people seem to think that with age comes wisdom , well if it does why the bloody hell did i buy a flexi sabre mk 2 , and regulary try to beat myself to a pulp with it ???
Or have someone else beat you to a pulp - or bits of you anyways! :)

I find it hard to believe but I'm 56.....and I've been buggying since 1993 pre-BBC, then BBC & Berrow the glorious years, very few bans. Then after 2000 all the Elf & Safty sh*t came in, Council bans...you name it. Many folks I know shifted to kitesurfing because they just got fed up with all. I stayed with PKA, then SuperCup, then things went quiet. There are far less organised powerkite events now than 10yrs ago but many reasons, one being cost of living!

I'm looking forward to meeting loads of "old" friends next year at NABX 2012, Ivanpah, USA. Whooooppppeee!

Steve Walt Webb BBC No: 79

Edited by waltweb
forgot info