pontefract park

fingersoff

hi yall now for sometime now folk have been flying kites at ponte the club there isnt the best connected club but however it is still a club i was chatting with the club treasurer yesterday and he says that in the past he's tried gathering names and numbers of possible members but without much success people say thay would like a club but what do thay get for a membership fee the fee is only £10.00 per year and ok its fair to say that in the past there's not been much in the way of communiation or orginisation and at the moment the membership list a pittyfull 11 members the only thing i can see wrong with the way the clubs being run is communication between members if we can up the members list we could all join together and organise an event im meeting the treasurer at the park next week he's bringing some contact details of members and to discuss a new set of ground rules for the club just think about it ponte airbourne kite & buggie club and if you have anything to say on the matter then nows the time to have your say .

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Col but what a crock of shit. If you're talking about old lad, his missus and the funny bloke? They never come over and think they're some sort fo club? Not for me man.

We've got the Yorkshire Kite Mafia, if you're interested. Threads are all on KBB. We're looking at making the thing official. We have 10 or so regulars that fly together and another 10 or so that appear now and then, if you're interested in putting some energy into that we'd welcome it!

A ponty club is never going to work cos there is those mentioned above and then there are Steve and Glen as you well know they don't get on.

Worse is the fact that old bloke, mrs old bloke and odd lad took my number over a year ago and NEVER BOTHERED to contact me again, some club! Following that they seem to want to make it so you have to be part of THEIR club to fly in a public place, what a joke and if they intend on trying to badger the council into that i might get my finger out and make a fuss, along with others I'm sure.

mafia hay ben . 10 or so strong that wouldnt be a bad start the club already as funds in place 10 new members could make a good day trip to the coast or where ever you know yourself your welcome to fly at ponte when ever you like we only want to see the club do well with days out events and so on just give it a go after all what have you got to lose ? col .

ben the first years membership should be free to join then we'll have some better idea what to do we realy just want new members to register with the club first we can organise club meets and events the clubs rules are all in a place i can get you get a copy if you wish it would be great if people just stopped being so negative about things .

What was all that talk thats gone on over the years about having to be a member because otherwise the park owners would ban power/traction kiting, that there must be a club in order to have traction kiting there. So whats the true story ? Ive never bothered to look into it myself and just took the club members word for it. There has been a power kite club of some sort for a long time at Ponty. Back in the early days of the first few issues of Powerkite mag there was a club members photo in the front of about 10 kiters, most of looking quite well stocked, with a couple of thinner boarders.

• 7 months later...

So what's the crack at Ponte Park then?

I'm from Ponte originally and spent many a happy hour zipping down what seemed, at the time, the enormous stainless slide when I was a nipper : my mum still lives in town. I was going to bring the bug up for a session but reading this it sounds a bit disorganised, and I don't want to risk getting you local guys a bad name by breaking any rules or agreements.

I'm a BKSA member so covered on the insurance front.

If there is a club is it being run by Wakey Met or is it a private club? If I come up do I need to give notice to someone, or pay a site fee anywhere? Or can I just rock up and fly?

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, is anyone going to ponte this weekend, i have just finished uni and brought a couple of kites up at the weekend. just had a look and i can get a train from leeds and it stops practically next to the racecourse.

jack

cheers chris, cool. will there be many people there? haven't decided if i'm am gonna go to ponte or just try and fly somewhere nearby as i only have a couple of kites with me. and i get bored flying static for too long

there should be few there deff on sat, I know me and nother chris is going satdi il be very suprised if where the only ones

@batz forcast isnt that gud for friday is it ??

Yeah exactly the same, but its cross on, might even be bang onshore (NNE), and 12-16 means usually (9 times out of 10) 15-20. :D

Either that or zip, but we wont think about that. :lol:

Low tide at 12pm 0.9m - PERFECT for landy's ;)

I'll be keeping a close eye on the wind forecast, if it creeps up or remains the same;cool, if it drops might not bother just incase theres nothing when we get there but that has happened only twice in all the times weve been. Its the perfect spot, just love it. :)

Edited by L60N

Forecast:

Day From Until Temp Feels UV Rain Cloud Dir Speed Gust Weather

Sun 5 Jun 1:00 3:59 8 °c 5 °c 0 0.0 mm 83 % 15 mph 18 mph

13:00 15:59 12 °c 10 °c 8 0.0 mm 7 % 14 mph 17 mph

16:00 18:59 12 °c 8 °c 6 0.0 mm 4 % 12 mph 15 mph