leicester kiters

jonathan1

how do yep theres a few of us that go there its called wykin park and if your coming from leicester take a left on the roundabout before triumph then first right under the yellow parking height post by a small patch of allotments. good little place nice space and elivated so good winds just on my way there shortly and more than likely tmrw too. there more than likely someone there, hit me a pm when youre thinkin of popin over

• 3 months later...

hi Jonathan1,

where in leicester are you? i have tried flying in Abbey Park a couple of times the air is quite lumpy there because of the trees and can be a bit busy too.

might try Victoria park next. i live in the city centre and do not own a car so i am very limited as to where i can fly, which is frustrating cos i am just getting into the sport and just bought a second hand MBS board really want to jump on it and learn to ride it.

Abbey Park....... bet that was a laugh?? Surprised you never got booted off mate. Airboss is not bad on it's day if the wind is blowing in the right direction, although like you say if you haven't got the transport, it can work out on the dear side with train/bus fare + entry fee for flying. If you close enough to Weston Park, you can squeeze a good session there IF there's no footy/cricket/scrotes on peds etc. Just get insurance though if you haven't got any yet.In todays blame/claim culture, it's best to cover your ass ;)

Foz

Most directions are flyable at Airboss, but if I remember right, westerlies seemed to be best, running parallel with the runway. Sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. Just watch out for the Wookie that resides up there. It WILL go through your kit bag if its not secure and zipped up. You have been warned ;)

• 7 months later...

Hi guys, sorry to hijack. Im new to landboarding, been doing traction for a while on and off. Doing some landboarding lessons soon and want to meet up with like minded people, is airbossworld busy at the weekends, would be great to be able to turn up somewhere where they welcome landboarders and not usher them away. From Peterborough so not much of a drive for me.

Tobias.

• 1 month later...
I fly at airbossworld and we will welcome you with open arms just turn up got some ramps as well if you interested.

Thanks very much, had a lesson there on Saturday and hope to be back there again at the weekend after getting all my insurance paperwork and helmet delivered today :D