Saturday evening at 13th Beach...

jhn.holgate

And a very pleasant evening it was too :good: Started off at around 13 knots slightly cross onshore so I pulled out the 5m Method and Mick had the 3.5m Century.....although soon after the wind started to drop away and we both swapped to a bigger kite.....then the wind dropped off a bit more and I ended up with the 9m Riot and Mick was on the 10m Century. Around 8pm we probably only had 4 or 5 knots and it wasn't far off being straight up the beach. I couldn't keep the Riot up in the air so had to endure the walk of shame for the last hundred meters back to the stairs while Mick was making it look all too easy with the 10m Century. I'm not sure which was more impressive - the 10m Century or Mick's skill in the light winds...... After that it was follow John ('cos he knows where he's going.....) into Geelong for a pizza. Well, I had us out the front of a strip club and then I managed to have us sitting down in the wrong restaurant. I was looking at all the flash food on the menu and mentioned to the waitress 'didn't I see a pizza sign on the window"? "oh, that's next door" she replied.... :o A quick shuffle and we ended up in the right spot. Thank goodness for iPhones.....

Haha John. I wasn't really gonna tell about the walk of shame. I did enjoy standing in the carpark while you hunted for pizza shops on the i phone. Three well built girls with outfits over their shoulders sauntered into he strip club, bantering with the smokers outside. I thought, John really knows his way around Geelong. lol.

The Century 2 - 10 metre is a great kite for light wind buggying. I love it. Wonder if I can afford an 8 metre?

Great evening all round.

Michael