Answer me this... ?

.Joel

XXXXXXX = not enough X's for Watermelon and Lettuce was always served cooked at the end of the nineteenth century, so I'm keen to see the answer

^^^ XXXXXXX is enough for Lettuce and it is the answer, well that's the one that comes with the question. Never thought of watermelon tho - until now.

Hmmmm

Anyway, that's all my questions so now it's someone else's turn to put up some!

:popcorm1:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Polo is also correct...

btw, you can buy left handed hockey sticks :D

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002SUHNQ4/ref ... B002SUHNQ4

....and in case you meant Field Hockey

http://www.mademan.com/mm/best-left-han ... ticks.html

It's field hockey I was thinking of but I speculate it may well also be the case in ice hockey too - and it's not like in golf where left handed clubs can be harder to come by, in hockey left handed sticks are expressibly forbidden. I'm not necessarily saying they don't make left handed sticks but I can assure you you would not be allowed to take them to the field in a regular game; and by regular hockey I mean the regular hockey everyone associates as hockey. There may be obscure classes where left-handed sticks are allowed, or possibly even required, but by the same token there maybe games where you have to play naked as well. I'd be absolutely positive that only right handed sticks would be allowed in the Olympics and, in the modern Olympics all competitors must also wear cloths ;)

The reason left-handed sticks are forbidden is because it is too dangerous to have people swinging there sticks in opposite directions. Only allowing right handed sticks means everybody's back-swing will necessarily be to the right and there follow through will always be to there left.

Edit:

Just pulled this from Ms Wikki:

Left-handed sticks are rare, but available; however they are pointless as the rules forbid their use in a game.

Also, from Ms Wikki again (in regard to Polo):

All rules are designed to protect the safety of the horse and player - including a rule that players cannot play left-handed. Polo is played professionally in only 16 countries and is not an Olympic sport.
Not exactly sure why Ms Wikki felt the urge to state so clearly in the introduction that it "is not an Olympic sport", but there you have it.

Ice Hockey can be played left handed, and there are many Left handed players..... However, several Canadian friends of mine insist there is no such thing as 'Ice' Hockey, and HOCKEY should never be played anywhere that feels the need to prefix it with 'Ice'

Or are you asking for a specific frog?

I guess possibly the Azureus (that cool blue frog the BitTorrent client was named after).

Hmm, How would the Kane Toad rate? Probably not the Kane Toad because if it were every time there was an article about them they wouldn't be called "Kane Toads" the would be called "Kane Toads - the most poisonous amphibians in the world..." I'm sticking with Azureus. Even if there not the most poisonous there still a damn cool looking frog and should claim a few points for style alone :)

Ice Hockey can be played left handed, and there are many Left handed players..... However, several Canadian friends of mine insist there is no such thing as 'Ice' Hockey, and HOCKEY should never be played anywhere that feels the need to prefix it with 'Ice'

Are you allowed to use both sides of the stick in Ice Hockey?

I think you are which kind of makes outlawing lefties kind of pointless since they could just use a 'right-hand' stick 'backwards', so if they can legally do it you might as well let lefties optimise there sticks for it.

Are you allowed to use both sides of the stick in Ice Hockey?

I think you are which kind of makes outlawing lefties kind of pointless since they could just use a 'right-hand' stick 'backwards', so if they can legally do it you might as well let lefties optimise there sticks for it.

Yes, you can check and back swipe the puck, the stic is flat either side of the blade, unlike in Field Hockey where to do a check or back swipe you must invert the stick.

Fair enough.

How ever I must insist there is no such thing as 'Field' Hockey, and HOCKEY should never be played anywhere that feels the need to prefix it with 'Field'

:P

No argument with me, however, I did notice that Australia have the undefeated world champion 'Ice' Hockey team up in Darwin.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2011/0 ... tnews.html