North Wales 2010

sonicseal

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Its been a while guys and girls, lots of new avitars on here.

Been in the same boat as most with work, sh*t wind, freezing conditions and getting into the water stuff. BUT now im back, had a sort around in the garage and bumped into an old friend of mine, PL VII, just so happened there was a steady cross-on at the Nova, so we went for a little tootle.

What can i say..... Happy days. Managed a 2hr session and by the end of it was boosting as high as ive ever been,as tho ive never been away from it.

They may be slow and big, but so easy to fly and the size of it just matches your grin.

Can we all go play on sunday, and drink beer after.

• 2 weeks later...

Merry Christmas from sunny thailand! :D

Bit of a weird one for me this year. No family to speak of but lots people i've only known for a few weeks. :S! hog roast on the beach so its not all bad! :D

Wind hasnt really been playing ball since i've been here, enough to teach but only had one or two really decent sessions for myself. Forecast can only look up though! Long range forecast looks good for the next couple of weeks thats for sure.

So take it easy!! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :D

Frickin awesome weekend of westerlies and blue skies!

I got out early sat morning, sat afternoon and all Sun morning.

After no kiting since octber this weekend has taken its toll, almost every muscle in my body is aching and my hands are blistered to hell.

Happy days!

Lucky b*****d!

Had a tootle on bartie's buggy and landboard for about 30mins. First time out for nearly a year!! Needs to be in the water!

@Plezzy Yeah new thread is a good idea too

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some nice shots there Kev :) I recognise Ben & his dog but that's about it

It's been a lonnnnngggg 7 months!! 3 weeks 4 days til I hopefully can kite!! woop :) Were going to BRS last wknd in March- Airboss crew are over & it closes to landeez the week after, come play! :)

Just had my annual form through the post for Westshore. Just to let you know this year it DOES include Kinmel Bay AND Towyn (don't think we really knew where it ended last year). You can either pay £51 to Steve at the school in KBay or get in touch with the lovely Steve Scotson instead (07861 657514), pay a fiver for life to join NWPKC then annually you only need to pay £16 each year *Insert lots of whinging about how it should be free etc etc, then bear in mind Kbay is a WNW facing beach so you can use it WSW - NNE very easily, free parking, price of fuel to the island etc* Or chance your arm & pay a tenner when you get caught :)

Can't wait for light nights!!

Laters :D

thank you, ahh did not know his name, he commented on flickr

nice one did not know that airboss where down that wk/end

westshore across from conway is that right? i was not aware that a needed a pass to fly, so thanks for making me aware of this, never flown at kimmel but if there's a school there am i right in thinking there's a nice flat lagoon there? is there a building there or is he out of a van?

Kinmels super shallow & there's almost always lagoons at different stages of the tide. It's not kiteable 2hrs before & after low tide on spring tides unless you're comfortable setting up in the sand dunes. Andy & Scott have been desperate enough before now though, just be prepared for gravel rash!!hehe

Yeh he's in a hut or teaching 10 people at a time on the beach. Dont buy your pass off him though, get the NWPKC membership from S.Scotson for much much less & fill in the form on tinterweb (or if it's during the week or evenings no-ones ever here to check ;)) It's only applicable Easter til the kids go back September anyway :)

http://www.conwy.gov.uk/doc.asp?cat=5613&doc=21301&Language=1