Ainsdale 2010

SandMonster

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sunday was looking promising , it's not now ! Offshore forecast north easterly through to south easterly , rather annoying when it was saying north westerly . Think ill give it a miss for Sunday was up early enough this morning but the weather was pretty shocking spent the day sorting buggies and kit out instead .

Went down this morning , not another kiter all day . First time ever had to show my permit normally they leave me alone that said not been down in ages and didn't recognise the ranger either . Wind direction was pants blowing southerly so just short runs between the sand dunes and the sea . Clocked up 6 miles but the wind was too low having to work my 7m sammy hard to keep buggy going , I really need a bigger kite . On the plus side my newly acquired race buggy went like a dream very happy with it just a nuisance to transport it down .Also entrance onto beach is better than its been in ages , made it on with car and trailer without any bother. Hope to catch up with you all soon . Happy kiting. Rob

Just back , brr chilly isn't the word ! Right tuff nuts these buggying types even the marshals are hardened baskets .Admittedly only a small field racing the weather had put a lot off . But credit were its due they put on a good show. I went for a weigh up I'm tempted to give it a go in the novice class and keep smiley Paul company at the back of the pack . If I had raced I would have got 3rd in novice class , only cos they was only 2 in it !

Is anyone going to ainsdale tomorrow afternoon wind is looking ok high tide is 13.10 so will have to be mid afternoon for me with landboard .Am not even trying to go on water yet cos not been on water before so think i will be in it more than on it so waiting for it to warm up abit first.

Is anyone going to ainsdale tomorrow afternoon wind is looking ok high tide is 13.10 so will have to be mid afternoon for me with landboard .Am not even trying to go on water yet cos not been on water before so think i will be in it more than on it so waiting for it to warm up abit first.

It is warm ! Get in there !

anyone down at t time 5ish?

started as a hobby... became an obsession!!

Hoping to get down possibly around tea time.

That wind looks too much cross on though for the water would prefer a bit more westerlie in it. Might bring the land board if I make it down.