"kite Club" - Worcester

Winja

wind wasnt very good, it seemed to be coming more from the SW and you really need some north in it, prob be ok with east too. Did a couple of jumps and trundled around for 20 mins.

I actually got there really late at about 4pm, it was dead quiet but as soon as your kite launches the kids just come from nowwhere until you have a small spectator crowd! I locked all my spare kit and valuables in the car so there was nothing lyng on the grass to nick.

Acutally all they all seemed pretty friendly, I think they are just bored and something of interest is good for em, all the lads just asked the usual questions, how much does that cost, can i have a go, why do you keep falling off? etc etc but they were nice enough.

The pikey gang of girls on the other hand asked 'do you wanna f**k my mate' I politely declined the offer of banging her friend in the middle of the field and went on my way.

Tom

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no, i'm hooked on the water side of things now and am hoping to get to the beach instead.

really got the old kitesurfing cracked on saturday. going both directions fairly confidently and popping a couple of jumps.

have a good time, see you locally soon no doubt, probably kempsey or over perdi.

no, i'm hooked on the water side of things now and am hoping to get to the beach instead.

really got the old kitesurfing cracked on saturday. going both directions fairly confidently and popping a couple of jumps.

have a good time, see you locally soon no doubt, probably kempsey or over perdi.

where to butt? forecast for s. wales is dire. will ring tonight...

@Guy. Mainly a 11m GK Sonic, See's me from 12 knots up to 30 +. I have taken 40 knot gusts. Not recomended. I have a 17m Strike but really that only gives me a 4 knot advantage at the bottom end and can see me through to 15. I'm using a 128x38 board and 75kg.

Try and stick to the sonic most of the time as it is predictable and very floaty.

Did you hit the water the weekend? I was at Borth and Dovey and had a glorious day in the sun Monday.

no mate, not this weekend just gone but the weekend before i went to aberavon and progressed a lot further with my riding. it was blowing low to mid twenties and i went out with my 10m v2 as my 16m v2 is still needing a repair. the 10m was really good. the extra speed around the window allowed me to keep it in the power more and consequently got some really good runs in.

u always tend to go over to the west coast of wales do you?

that's where i'll be going, probably mid to late september. my parents have a place about an hour east of Antalya just outside Alanya. i've been there a few times before but never with kites and board. i've never seen anybody kiting out there but given the right wind it would be idyllic. i imagine you would stir up a few local spectators as i'm not sure its a sport they have seen much of over there!

funny you guys should mention Turkey. My moms partner has a place over there in calis beach (prenounced Chelish), I was over there just last week and saw a few kite surfers. The conditions are ideal, good coastal winds, flat non tidal sea, warm waters, what more could you ask for. I might give it a try the next time I'm over there. If anybody wants to stay at the appartment, which is a 10minute walk from the beach, then let me know and I'll look into it, I know he does rent it out throughout the year. :)

Guy, picked this up from another forum:

Kitesurfing Fethiye, Calis beach August 06. The winds start at about midday and stop at 5pm....every day

The facilities, good storage, showers, wash down area, sunbeds, food, drink (waiter service to sunbed) all this kept Mrs Fish very happy. The staff at the centre can be a little pre occupied with kiting themselves and like to show off ( alittle dangerously at times). If you take kit that you want to sell, again you can get a good price from the local lads as they have no kite shops in Turkey.

Patara. The best location for my money in Turkey, but I never seem to get it bang on. You get big winds with surf. Speak to the Fethiye lads and they think this too, but you have to come with small kites 7 and even 5m efforts.

This is Patara This beach is 17km of sand ( I think the biggest sandy beach in Turkey) but early season there is no one here and no RNLI.

Finally. The locals love it when you kite we were invaded by this group of school kids at Patara, but it does show an awsome backdrop. In the summer this beach can get busy near the car parks. But walk a couple of hundred metres and you will always have space.

yeah patara beach, looks amazing. a lot deeper than most the beaches down on the south coast.

http://www.kitegallery.net/d/88164-1/playa-patara.jpg

so there is a kite school at chalis, that place is about 3 hours west of antalya by the looks of it.