Winja

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@ steve

hi mate, sorry i didn't txt you back yesterday. was down in cardiff for the rugby so couldn't make perdi. possibly next sunday weather permitting.

@ chris

hi, never flown at county hall but perdi is quite popular. just park by the leisure centre and fly as far down the field as possible. i.e. away from the playground and car park. the wind is cleaner down there anyway.

when you say rev is that a revolution kite???

Yes I have 2. An Exp and a Rev 1. The Rev 1 is rather old. Got it from a chap in USA off Ebay. Still flies though. I am still a novice with them but can keep them in the air now. I bought a Flexifoil Sting to learn the controls on a slower kite. The Revs make more sense now.

Thanks for the info about Perdiswell. I fly a bit at Eastnor as I work there. not much chance these dark evenings though.

Regards, Chris.

Guy

sorry can't make aberavon on saturday . hope to get down soon i hope ill bring me wetsute this time lol. cach up with you guys soon

chris

we gets up there on a sunday around 12 ish (weather permit) like guy said go right down the far end away from the car park cleanist wind and your away from the footballers and kids.we don't want to get banned.

• 2 weeks later...

Friday

Sunrise 08:25 (GMT)

Sunset 16:08 (GMT)

Friday's predominant weather is forecast to be light rain.

13°C

12°C

Friday's wind direction: Southerly Wind.35

moderate 1004 81

Friday's sun index risk: Low.

Friday's atmospheric pollution: Low.

Saturday

Sunrise 08:25 (GMT)

Sunset 16:09 (GMT)

Saturday's predominant weather is forecast to be sunny intervals.

11°C

9°C

Saturday's wind direction: South Westerly Wind.29

good 1005 70

Saturday's sun index risk: Low.

Saturday's atmospheric pollution: Low.

Dovey tides are around 11 to 12, which will leave quite a bit of beach but obviously not as good as a westerly which gives you all the way to Tywyn.

Cross shore is better for me anyway as I tend to run out of water to land in when it's on shore, plus your always fighting the waves until the lagoons pop up.

May see you there.

Had a great day on the water in Dovey yesterday with a few mad squalls. Managed the annual New Years Eve session first thing today but things got a little crazy when gusts starting hitting 41mph and we were all on 11’s gettiing lofted of the water. But got an hours sail in.

Barry, did you get to BRS

Happy New Year all in advance

Mark