How Do U Move Your Buggy??

FUJILA

HAVING RECENTLY BROUGHT MY FIRST BUGGY

AM NOW FACED WITH THE DESCION OF HOW TO LUG IT AROUND

DO I

A=BUY A BIKE CARRIER ABOUT 30 QUID

B=GET A THULE RACK SYSTEM ABOUT 90 QUID

C=TAKE IT APART EVERYTIME I WANNA GO ANYWHERE!!

C WOULD SUCK AS I DRIVE A 5 DOOR YARIS AND IT IS ALREADY PACKED IF I GO OUT WITH THE KITES MISSIS AND DOGS!!

B WOULD BE A CHEAP OPTION BUT AM NOT SURE HOW STRONG AND SAFE THEY ARE

A VERY EXPENSIVE BUT COULD ALSO BE USED FOR OTHER THINKS i.e SNOWBOARDS AND LUGGAGE!

DO NOT WANT TO TAKE THE TRAILER ROUTE!

P.S IT IS A FLEXIFOIL BUGGY

ANY IDEAS????

ROB

do as i do mate and get a paddy hopkirk roof rack, it is about thirty quid and you have seen my buggy on it and i have had a kayak and two bikes on there with the buggy two and it was ok. If you have a bike rack then you might need a light board and then the cost is going up.

if you take the wheels off (and the front fork), the frame will lay quite flat in the boot of your car (I don't kow what a Yaris is so maybe this is not an option), and you can stuff the wheels somewhere. At least that way you don't have to bother taking the whole frame apart?

This worked for me in the back of an old Orion that didn't have the biggest boot in the world.

Kev

Am not sure if the paddy will go on my car the YARIS a their is no sils to mount it on

have looked at the thule and that looks good but cost nearly 100 quid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do not realy want to be putting the buggy inside car as space is tight when we go camping it is full of tent stuff and my two dogs and of course the missis

thanks anyway for all the help

foo

I use a halfords variable bike rack and it works perfectly! It will fit your yaris since it is designed so that it can change shape to suit most cars (except the citroen ax). It was about 65 quid and works very well! I think its called the high mount roof rack!

The buggy goes on rear axle at the top, opposite to the one on the pic above. No need to dismantle or anything you will just need some ties to help secure it.

I can fit both the buggy (flexifoil) and two bikes!

Hope this helps

Rick

P.s. it does fit on the yaris

Guest the guvnor

my advice would be dismiss the bike rack option. i tried it and didnt like the idea of the buggy being a few inches from the road. i purchased a thule roof rack system and that works fine. to give you some idea of the capacity. ive loaded onto the rack a flexifoil buggy + peter lynn complete and a cameleon iguana in pieces (3 buggies). i think u have a 75 kg limit for the rack (including its own wieght) so it shouldnt be a problem. only down side of it is strap it all down really well or even use cable ties if on big journeys as normal strap slacken.

The high mount roof rack keeps the buggy about 1.5ft off the road i have no problems at all.

The thule roof rack would work but the yaris is a small car and the buggy would have a larger base than the roof of the car. Plus the thule rack is more expensive.

If you want to put it on the roof buy some normal roof bars from halfords at approx 30squid then tie the buggy on with bungie cords. I still think the bike rack is better cos i tried the buggy on the roof and didnt like it.

Just over a year ago, i caved in and traded in my beloved 4WD Toyota for a new VW LWB Transporter, which has been fitted out with custom dog cages for our 4 dogs (ideal for those long trips to the south of France),

There is an upside however - the dog cages take up around half of the space in the back of the van, which leaves just enough room for a my buggy! (an inch either side to spare)

Now my missus thinks I did it deliberatly, but I tell her she wanted the van.....

So don't ditch the missus and dogs, just make sure the dog cages allow enough room for yer buggy ;)

Bowcaps