Website ideas

Blademeat

Hey mick,I forgot you were trade. But that fact that you are still looking into the problem tells me you want to get it sorted. So feel free to pm me or call if I can help. Another thing to check is the abv ( auto bleed valve) usually on the top of boiler.

Was it vented properly? Is there any sign of of a leak from there? Certainly not the first place most would look as its usually out of sight. Worth a check tho.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope its fine. Dave Ive checked everything. The only possible cause I'm sure is the pressure relief valve. As i said, my mates was showing wetness but the pressure was acceptable. The boiler is a Heat Line Solaris condenser. Its no big deal to me really but I've been topping it up for two years now. Fresh water aint ideal as you well know.

On a trade note, I got a call out the other week from a landlord friend I add, with a boiler problem. A Baxi Bermuda back boiler with a gf front. You know the one. Gas Board had said it was irrepairable and quoted him 2k to replace it. I stripped it, serviced it( hoovered the burner out) checked the pressure and put a £2.50 thermo couple in it. Job done. Them robbin bstrds.

Sorry for the hijack.

No worries about the hijack lol.as a last ( and very last) resort you could chuck in some leak sealer. So if there is a problem elsewhere it should do the job. But me personally I would rather find it and sort it, sure you would too, but I have had to resort to such measures to avoid taking up the floor to fix someone else's bad practice.