new folding buggy to try

Styve

Hi all not been here fro a while.

I have finally given op on my radsil buggy, its been good but have used 3 seats up, last one finally gave way the other week at mablethorpe. Also realised i needed a more serious vehicle as I was being left for dead! Couldnt afford a huge big bug, so got myself a peter lynn folding buggy with wide wheels option, it looks a nice piece of kit, have to take the wheels of the back to make it fold anything reasonably small but should fit in the back of the corsa.

Hoping to go to ainsdale this friday weather looks like it will be changing about midday from then on.

Anyone any expeience of these bugs, and are radsails the only ones which suffered seat fallin apart?

Did you get a Mk1 or a Mk2 folder?

Are you mainly gonna be beach flying? Cos you'll wanna replace all the bearings with stainless if you are, packed with marine grease is even better.

I used a Mk2 for about 3 years. Had to retire it when I started to get serious about jumping. It is seriously not built to take that level of punishment.

One of the few issues I had was keeping the straps at the front of the seat tight enough. In the end I took the main strap at the very front and trapped it between the down tube and side rail, which was the only way I could keep the seat in the right place.

When setting it up don't just loop the rear seat strap over the side rails, actually wrap it all of the way round at least once. This helps greatly in keeping everything together at the back end while in use.

Keep an eye on the front forks. The plate/bar that goes under the headstock can crack away from the forks at the welds. Though this may just have been down to the jumping that I was doing.

I ended up with a spare set of forks and a set of forks for a pagona that were adapted to fit. They're still sat in my garage.

Overall it is a pretty good bug as long as you're not planning getting airbourne!

Hi, thansk for your post.

I think its the mk11, I did a bit or research and think I saw what would be a mk1 on the net.

It appears they are hard to get hold of, I tried to order this from online kites, they rang back to say they couldnt get one, got mine through powerkite shop who had to get it from germany.

It seems pretty sturdy certainly more so than my radsail which is tin in comparison.

The bearings look pretty stocky but I know what you mean about stainless.

I will not be getting into anything as serious as jumping, not on purpose anyhow, to be honest its getting the chance to get out there, i am hanging on to this hobby, I see too many people sell all their stuff because they cannot find the time, I think thats unfortunate.

I am hoping to go to ainsdale tomorrow, weather should hold up until lunch time.