Heath Moor ??

• 9 months later...

Only been up to roundhay once i think, recently moved to Leeds so I'll be up there more I tend to hang out on Heath or the football fields near osset just off the motorway. Bugging is awesome In NE winds Since you can get a full run of the Heath, same for boarding really. but it's a rare occurrence. Most of the time you're restricted by space unless you go the other side of the trees, then you might get grief from the model fliers. Most of the time the wind acts a bit wierd too, you get a lot of lift but not so much power for traction because of the hills around it. If you decide to go around Leeds later this week give me a shout, just got a 12m RRD I'd like to try out before I take it on the water.

Should be up at Roundhay after 4pm on Thursday and after 3:30pm on Friday, and hoping to get there some time on Sat too. If you get there, ask around and most will know me, also known as moroni-10 on RK. Will be boarding with Hornets or Nasa wings, depending on the winds.

Oh, also my son lives at Osset, and likes the field near the motorway with his buggy and 5m Ace or Flux`s.

What time were you there, I turned up at 4pm. You wernt the loony dood with the big green Blade were you, it looked like a 6.6m ? I did see someone arrive with a board but I was too buisy holding on to my Nasa for dear life. We were the ones flying the kites with no lines, and I was boarding with the Nasa Wing. I will be there tomorrow flying a 2m Hornet in the buggy, and my son with a 2m Flux in his buggy if all goes well and we are not too over powered.

Might be late morning to lunchtime when we get there.

Im guessing there will be a lot of newbies with their new kites being over powered saying "Oooh, its windy, lets go fly our 16m ebay kite, and get some big jumps" ( usually in 40mph gusty winds)

Edited by Hammer-n-saw

yeah that was me unfortunately. the guys i was with wanted a go (said they'd flown before), so i took it up to prove a point. not letting them fly in that kind of wind. that guy was my flatmate with my board too. again too windy to get that going, so we just went to the pub.

Hi I live in Wakefield and was wondering if any of you guys would be nice enough to meet me in Wakefield somewhere (Heath or round back of QEGS on fields) to show me how to fly as I really want to learn but don't want to drive 2 hours to air boss and pay £60

Thanks a lot jack

• 4 weeks later...

if you can manage to get to leeds i could show you a few things. heath is kind of hard to get to for me, but still could be possible. QEGS fields are terrible for kiting because of the powerlines/trees/houses nearby so i wouldn't recommend it.

I've got a 17 yr old brother that might be able to meet you up on heath common sometime through the holidays. i work at the moment so it would be kinda hard.

Hi I live in Wakefield and was wondering if any of you guys would be nice enough to meet me in Wakefield somewhere (Heath or round back of QEGS on fields) to show me how to fly as I really want to learn but don't want to drive 2 hours to air boss and pay £60

Thanks a lot jack

From thw 13thn onwards I'll be up for loads of flying, end of Uni and no job as yet...........flying time ahoy!