Monster Doom Wheels

plummet

post-3799-14336630626777_thumb.jpg

Here's Dan Dooooom roosting at pace on his monster doom wheels. Dan took one look at my monster board last year and had to have some of those wheels. So he contracted Gannet to fabricate possibly the worlds first monster doom wheels.

Dan hauls pretty damn fast on the monster doomers hits speeds close to 50kph. He's also be seen float through the air and some time getting dragged through drift wood! heheh.

Interesting how the platform you stand on is slung below the wheel centre line, a bit like the drop through skate boards.

Wonder what problems the doomies have at speed. With the landboards it's speed wobble. Perhaps with the doomies it's more of whether you loose your nerve or not.

No such thing as wobble on dooms Norman, Ive hit 53kls as my fastest so far and not a hint of wobble.

post-4048-1433663063189_thumb.gif

yep softer sand can be ridden just like my monster board. Ultimatly dead soft is still too soft. but we did side some sand dunes that had been rained on!...

I gave advice Gannet to keep the C of G as low as practical for stability reasons so they built them at the same height as the old standard doom wheels.

As far as speed is concerned and the ability to hold power. Dan was flying an 11m frenzy in 20+ knots! silly bugger. he was a tad powered. The monster board can still hold a little more power than the doomers and go a little faster and cut a tighter angle upwind. But the monster doomers would outstrip standard mountain boards for upwind ability and speed in the same wind speeds.

Sorry I don't have any close up pics

Thats cause your not used to the power the groved grannies can hold spartan. its significantly more that small wheel tyre combo. I can control power heaps easier on my monster board on the sand than i can on the water! as an example i'm fully powered 20+ knots on the 11 edge on the water. but can easily hold to 25knots on the monster board to get the same powered feeling with the monster board.

Thats cause your not used to the power the groved grannies can hold spartan. its significantly more that small wheel tyre combo. but can easily hold to 25knots on the monster board to get the same powered feeling with the monster board.

Well I didnt know the tyes that were Given a Go, were Groovy, Grooved, Grannies... :dontknow:

Yep I'd agree with the grooved tyres being able to dig and hold into the sand, to hold down the power.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...