Buggy transportation

saltcoats_flyer

Afternoon chaps and chapesses. The 2010 comeback is well on its way! Just picked up my buggy, kite and ton of accessories from someone I used to fly with who has left the sport.

Next problem I need to tackle is how to get the buggy to and from my house to the flying locations. Previously, I would just stick the backseats down and slide everything in. That is no longer an option given the kit I need to carry for other commitments etc. Board bag with all my kiting stuff fits in the back seats fine, but the buggy is the problem.

I do have a roof rack on my vectra so looking at various ways of securing a buggy to that. Anyone else use a roof rack system for carrying a flexi buggy? Suggestions, comments and picutres most welcome...

cheers y'all

Kev

Maybe on the boot or on the roof?

http://schmidtburger.homepage.t-online.de/AB/Bugg_Dach.jpg

I seem to remember Popeyethewelder starting a threat on how to transport race buggies, you might find something there.

Basically for the roof its just a rail with frontstop and fixation of the rear axle that you stick to the roof rack.

i used to strip my buggy down into parts to put it in the car,pack the kites in there aswell.

it was a bind doing all this had been doing it for 2 years every weekend,finally got round to buying a trailer this is so much better,the kites are stored in the trailer and the buggy sits on top of the trailer.

the whole lot is stored in garrage wen the weekend comes just hitch the trailer up and off you go

flexi buggy and vectra dead easy drop the forks and back wheels off put the arm rest down in the back of the car open the ski hatch and the buggy fits in the boot with everything else round it,

i bought a bike rack from tesco a while ago when they were selling them off for £5 for my van that clamps onto the towball should have been about £40ish if im going any distance i knocked a couple of hooks up to strap it to the top of the back door so it cant move at all, its alright for a flexi buggy but anything else maybe a bit much

Edited by <<FERRET>>