Newquay

32ph

I'm going to be in Newquay next week :)

What's the current state of the beaches there with regard to bans on landboards? What beaches are OK for kite landboarding and which beaches are best for different wind directions??

Where are the best places to go with the board and the kites down there??

Ta, Ian

Yeah I did do a search but among the many answers there was nothing about different beaches for different winds and no coherent answer to the beach-ban question...so I posted my own question as you suggest...

Can you give any help rather than criticising?

Thanks, Ian

Funnily enough the beaches on the north coast are best in westerly winds, and those on the south coast best in easterlies.

As for restrictions - the only one's I know of are on Perranporth. Kiting is restricted on the main part of the beach - and only allowed from flat rocks to perran sands - and then down at the far end of perran sands. As for whether or not wheels are allowed - this is still a grey area - hence your incoherent search results do actually reflect reality on this one.

Hi Kev

when the tide is out there's quite a few spots in Cornwall watergate/padstow/Fistral/Perranporth/etc etc. Important to note although sunbathers always stick to the high tide mark but when it's busy people are everywhere and neck snapping lines does not deter them. Saying that i was on Fistral a week back(the busiest beach in Cornwall) and people were landboarding there(me included)

Funnily enough, I'm off to Cornwall beginning of October and was going to ask same question. However, I have heard Giwthian beach mentioned, near Hayle?? Anygood?? and what about the beach at Marazion?? Also, if there are any other good spots, would love to hear.

cheers

Kev

i was down there last week.

marazion beach is too stoney for my liking. and was packed with people..

watergate bay was great.

or go to hayle beach. 3 miles of fun..

the winds is looking alright for the 3rd july also - south westerly around 15knots, get your big kites out!

low tide will be in the middle of the day too as we move back on to spring tides. thanks to the large swell running at the moment, the beach ought to be hard packed sand - just perfect!