Blade 4.9 in strong wind

rawbaby

I've had my blade out the past few days in this nice windy weather we've been having... It's been too windy to launch in the middle of the window, so I've been taking it up at the edge and straight up to the zeneth. Where I've been having a lot of success at jumping and getting some pretty good hang time!! However my problems come when I try and push it that little bit more; by flying into the power zone the pull becomes too much to hold on so I end up just putting the breaks on:confused: .

Is this normal for Blade flying in strong winds??

Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you are needing brute force to hold onto the kite.

Do you hold the handles correctly?

You should be able to hold any power without brakes effecting if held correctly. When there is too much power, the first thing that will happen should be that you 1) let go or 2) disappear into the sunset !!

Yes of course that's normal. They are very strong kites. Sounds like the wind's a bit strong for that particular kite. Need a small kite for days like that :D

Seriously tho if it's getting to the point where the kite is getting wrenched out of your hands then it's dangerous to be flying it. A quick gust at the top of the window and you could get lifted and then dumped. Cue broken ankles or something.

It was gusting a bit like you said, i did get lifted up in the air a few times (without me meaing to) but that was my intention. Luckily most of the landings were nice and soft, apart from one which had me practicing my parachute landing role. I still managed to bruse my heel though!! It certainly had my adrenalin going, which is half the fun.

Would i be able to harness that power if i was on a land board of something?

Not unless you were very experienced I would have thought. Don't forget as soon as you start moving on a board, the kite is moving through the air quicker to start with, so therefore will be more powerful.

If you do try it, just go careful, and imagine trying to do a parachute roll if you get the board stuck on your feet :eek:

I've had my blade out the past few days in this nice windy weather we've been having... It's been too windy to launch in the middle of the window, so I've been taking it up at the edge and straight up to the zeneth. Where I've been having a lot of success at jumping and getting some pretty good hang time!! However my problems come when I try and push it that little bit more; by flying into the power zone the pull becomes too much to hold on so I end up just putting the breaks on:confused: .

Is this normal for Blade flying in strong winds??

Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Yep Iv found the same problem mate, wen u fly the blade 4.9 in anything like 20mph bringing it even slightly low in the power zone resultd in the handles beeing ripped out of yu hands, unless uv got time to bring bac out.

wen It real windy if urr up for getting muddy trousers rather than PI$$ing about flying up the edge of the window, just sit on the floor and take it straight up the middle and u slide forward realy realy quike, loads of fun mate:D

just read the rest of the thread about the gusty condtions, and just to say If you can fly the blades well then 20mph is fine but not in gusty condtions I only fly it in that much wind if Im on the beach with a steady wind cumin straight off the sea. and Its only for keeping it at the top for jumping, bringing it low just aint an option:D

Adam:D