Camber Sands Last Sunday

F**KING TWAT - Was down at Camber last Sunday (12th Oct) - Came down from Reigate, got there around 9ish (Shingle Car Park) Very windy, came down with my two week old Blade 3 4.9 :D Decided not to put it up as quite gusty - Saw a copule of guys buggying. Went over for a chat with them. Very nice chaps. Saw lots of Kitesurfers over on main part of beach so headed over that way. Probably about 20-30 kites on the water and in the air at one time or another. Everyone was helping each other launch and land, people were milling about with kids and dogs, watching what was going on. Quite a community feeling going on. THEN THE BARBOUR AND WELLY TWATS TURNED UP. A COUPLE AGED MID TO LATE 30's. SET ABOUT LAUCHING THEIR KITE - NOT SURE WHAT IT WAS BUT PROBABLY ABOUT A 3m ODD AFFAIR. COULD TELL STRAIGHT AWAY THEY HAD NO IDEA WHAT OR HOW TO FLY IT. THE CHAP GOT IT IN THE AIR MIDDLE OF WINDOW AND DRAGGED HIM STRAIGHT FORWARDS. LAUGHIN HE CALLED HIS FEMALE COMPANION OVER FOR A GO - SHE LOST CONTROL AND IT SIDE SWIPED A COUPLE WITH TWO YOUNG KIDS - VERY CLOSE CALL - IF U C THEM DONW THERE AGAIN PUNCH THEM AND THROW THEM IN THE SEA - WE WILL GET BANNED BECAUSE OF TWATS LIKE THIS - THE KITE SURFERS LOOKED ON IN DIS BELIEF - DON'T LOOK ON STOP IT AND STOP IT NOW - I AM NEW TO THIS SPORT AND LOVE IT - BUT I KNOW MY LIMITS AND KNEW NOT TO LAUCH MY BLADE. IT TOOK ME 1 1/2 hrs TO GET TO CAMBER AND I DID NOT LAUCH MY KITE - I HAD A GOOD TIME WATCHING AND LEARNING AND WILL TAKE HEED FOR NEXT TIME - ENOJY BUT DONT SPOIL;) - THE REASON I GO TO CAMBER IS THAT IS THE NEAREST BEACH/PLACE LAND BOARDING IS NOT BANNED, AS FAR AS I KNOW??

REGARDS

FROSTY

P.S. - I AM GOING DOWN FOR THE BSK ROUND AT CMABER SUNDAY - NE 1 ELSE GOING DOWN ??

I couldnt agree more it will only take one prat to screw it up.I would have thought there are a few places in reigate you could go. I seem to remember some big hills there and the priory had plenty of space. mind you i moved from there over 20 years ago

I am new to this to so for now i fly in quiet spots so nobody gets hurt and nobody laughs when i mess up